Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R09 and 4GB SD Cards  (Read 4364 times)

Offline cascademedia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Edirol R09 and 4GB SD Cards
« on: May 31, 2006, 01:12:17 PM »
Forgive me if this has been posted but I didnt have a chance to go through all the pages in the other thread.  I've received several calls and emails regarding 4GB SD cards and compatibility with the R09, so Ihit up management for some answers....

Here is the latest from the horses mouth:

*********************************************************************************

At this moment, there is a standardized SD directory regulation that limits the SD card capacity to 2GB. Some card manufacturers have bypassed this standard and have attempted to make 4GB cards with mixed results among SD related devices.

But, there is a new, expanded regulation that is being tested by the SD Card Association (yes, there is such an organization!) called "SDHC", that will allow 4GB (and larger) memory sizes on SD cards. At this time, only one SD card manufacturer has released an SD card in this SDHC format, and it is still being tested. (...Panasonic)

When this new standard is set in stone and more card manufacturers begin releasing such cards, the Edirol engineers will test and update the R-09 software in an attempt to be fully compatible with the larger card format.

NOTE: If and when the R-09 can be updated, users will have to update the firmware in the R-09 to add compatibility with the larger card format. This will be easily done via a firmware download from our website, transfer of the data to a formatted SD card, and a reboot while holding a certain combination of buttons on the R-09. It is a very quick procedure.

Props and +T's to Chris from Sound Pros for doing some tests on battery life etc.    I look forward to hearing more feedback from you folks and getting an opportunity to do some testing here over the next few weeks.   

Have a great day. 

Frank

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
Re: Edirol R09 and 4GB SD Cards
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 12:45:54 PM »
Some card manufacturers have bypassed this standard and have attempted to make 4GB cards with mixed results among SD related devices.

Sounds like we need to find some of these manufacturer's and do some testing of our own. Heh...
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com