Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My ibook G3 HD crapped out on me?  (Read 2106 times)

Offline (((KB)))

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
My ibook G3 HD crapped out on me?
« on: June 18, 2006, 02:53:05 PM »
I'm going to keep trying to get it to boot up but at this point, I've pretty much tried everthing with no luck. ??? The drive that was in it was a 2.5" IDE 20GB Hitachi/IBM. Unfortunatly, my warranty is expired for this machine and I don't feel like I can trust the company I bought it from anymore. Can anyone refer me to a company that sells new drives at a decent price?

-K
C3000B>GP-DMIC20>ODL312>NJB3
One of my old fav's:
http://www.archive.org/details/antibalas2004-03-27

Offline kennedy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lezzy 🔥👁👁🖊🍻😘😷😍😷
Re: My ibook G3 HD crapped out on me?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 02:32:37 PM »
check out tiger direct, they were good to me

Offline (((KB)))

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: My ibook G3 HD crapped out on me?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 01:01:54 PM »
check out tiger direct, they were good to me
Cool, thanks for the info.

Looks like I don't need this just yet. Strangely, she decided to boot right up yesterday like nothing was ever wrong???  ::) I quickly changed the start-up volume to my OSX boot disc and I ran Apple's disc utility, but it didn't seem to repair much of anything. Rebooted the machine again with my emerg. DW disc. It fixed whatever the disc utility didn't fix and defragged the drive. Not sure why it didn't let me boot from either of  the CD's before when it was flakin' out??? This is sooo wierd...works just fine now. I suppose the reformat/clean install is probably next on the list for her, then maybe a new drive if problems like this persist.

I think the panther OSX10.3.9 I'm running seems to be a bit glitchy or fragile if you ask me. I would be interested to hear if anyone running tiger 10.4.x has encountered any similar issues.

-K
C3000B>GP-DMIC20>ODL312>NJB3
One of my old fav's:
http://www.archive.org/details/antibalas2004-03-27

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com