Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MacGuyver Windscreen Help  (Read 1531 times)

Offline KentuckySinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
MacGuyver Windscreen Help
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:10:28 PM »
I have a pair of the Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2 In-Ear Microphones, but the windscreens are officially deceased.  Are there any alternatives for something with that odd, small crescent shape?  Any clue if the foam cover from a pair of earbuds would work? I'm worried that sock fabric may make it too obvious and/or large to rest on the rim of the ear.  I have a pretty baggy hoody that I could try and tie tight, but it may just make the problem worse if it gets loose.

I know the ideal solution would be to just order replacements from the vendor, but there are a few concerts over the next week that I would like to attend and replacements may not arrive in time (Charlie Daniels, Del McCoury, Ralph Stanley, Wilco, Ricky Skaggs, Junior Brown, and a crapload more).  The problem is they're all playing on outdoor stages along the valley of the Ohio River.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

(Mic Details/Specs available here - http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-TFB-2)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MacGuyver Windscreen Help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 12:13:20 PM »
I have a pair of the Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2 In-Ear Microphones, but the windscreens are officially deceased.  Are there any alternatives for something with that odd, small crescent shape?  Any clue if the foam cover from a pair of earbuds would work? I'm worried that sock fabric may make it too obvious and/or large to rest on the rim of the ear.  I have a pretty baggy hoody that I could try and tie tight, but it may just make the problem worse if it gets loose.

I know the ideal solution would be to just order replacements from the vendor, but there are a few concerts over the next week that I would like to attend and replacements may not arrive in time (Charlie Daniels, Del McCoury, Ralph Stanley, Wilco, Ricky Skaggs, Junior Brown, and a crapload more).  The problem is they're all playing on outdoor stages along the valley of the Ohio River.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

(Mic Details/Specs available here - http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-TFB-2)

Try using a pair of small ear-bud style headphones cushions or you can also purchase mini DPA windscreens that will fit over these mics.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline KentuckySinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: MacGuyver Windscreen Help
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 12:30:21 PM »
Chris,  Thank you for the very quick reply.  Do you know of a retailer that sells the DPA Mini Windscreens? I have only find the larger ones.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com