Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Guy!!! Need advice!!!  (Read 6179 times)

Offline treehugger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: New Guy!!! Need advice!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 11:49:39 PM »
Hello everyone... I'm new to this forum and I want to get into taping and video recording live music... I don't own any equipment yet.. But I want to get some... I need some advice.. well on everything.. But I would like to know what Camcorder I should get and recommendations to record audio... Preferably some equipment ideas that go well together.. What type of Camcorders are best?

Thanks,

Russell

are you planning on stealth video taping?   if so, size matters.
if you haven't done so already, i would get some dvds to check out.  some shot under the same circumstances that you are planning on shooting under (clubs, arenas, sheds, stealth...or not), judge the quality and see what camcorder was used.  if the dvd's were made from master tapes this should give you a good idea of the camcorders quality under the actual conditions.  some of the best stealth dvd's i've seen were shot with >$300 camcorders.

Offline kuuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: New Guy!!! Need advice!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 06:20:54 PM »
I was looking at the Panasonic 3CCD camcorder's... I see that some of them have the ability to plug in a Mic... I think... But they have no way to monitor the volume due to not having an earphone jack...

The GS400 got mic plug, level meters and adjustment and a headphone out.
It is a discontinued model though.
see: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=74838.0
Everything you do through out the day, every thought and every feeling leaves an impression stored inside you.
These impressions create tendencies, their sum total is your character.
gear: SP-CMC8+AT853 cards+omnis, AT822>DIY preamp>iRiverH120rockboxed

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com