Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Earthworks MC2 "shockmount" clip for the TC series mics  (Read 1399 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Earthworks MC2 "shockmount" clip for the TC series mics
« on: May 03, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »

So anyone ever check these out? I have been severely lacking in my shock mounting. I would like to have 20 of them but don't really own any beside for my u87. I just ordered two of these on a whim while getting a few things I needed from B+H.

Any experience? I haven't been impressed by this "type" of shock mount. You know the thick rubber ring on a clip. I just instinctively feel that suspended bands would work better. Just wondering if anyone has checked these out? Maybe a "ping test" or "stand drag" ?

Thanks!
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Earthworks MC2 "shockmount" clip for the TC series mics
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:52:51 AM »
Well I just got these in. I'm less than impressed without actually trying them yet. I have seen this style around before. The thick band of rubber between the two parts of the clip. I sort of trusted Earthworks and assumed they wouldn't make a product that was gimmicky. I'm not so sure now. These type of shock mounts are just so rigid I do not see how they would reduce vibration. Oh well. At least they were $12 each and not $25-$50. They are of course made to fit the narrower body of the TC series mics.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.196 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com