Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: T-mount that attaches to camcorder accesory shoe?  (Read 3714 times)

Offline greatape

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • www.youtube.com/GreatTapes
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 06:53:49 PM by greatape »
My Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/GreatTapes

Audio:
Church Audio STC11 Cardioids>ST9000>Tascam Dr2d

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline fanofthemule

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: T-mount that attaches to camcorder accesory shoe?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 07:14:24 PM »
What kind of camera are you using?  Are you just plugging the mics into the line in on the camera?  I thought about doing this when I first upgraded my audio, but opted against it because the mount interfered with changing the tapes. 
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline tcf

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 11:16:13 AM »
beyerdynamic makes a nice shockmount that attaches to the shoe mount on the camera.

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 02:42:59 PM »
What kind of camera are you using?  Are you just plugging the mics into the line in on the camera?  I thought about doing this when I first upgraded my audio, but opted against it because the mount interfered with changing the tapes. 

I have a Panasonic GS300.  The mics will go into my iriver, not the camcorder input.  I just want a convenient way to attach them so I don't have to use two stands.  I didn't think about it interfering with tape changes. . . . That could be a dealbreaker.
My Videos:

Audio:

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »

I have a Panasonic GS300.  The mics will go into my iriver, not the camcorder input.  I just want a convenient way to attach them so I don't have to use two stands.  I didn't think about it interfering with tape changes. . . . That could be a dealbreaker.

I've got a couple of the 300's myself, and you won't be able to change the tape without removing the mount. 
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 05:23:57 PM »
What part got in the way for you?
The Sound Pro T-mount has flexible arms that seem like would be easy enough to move out of the way.  And the "Mighty Wondercam" shoe to 5/8 adapter at B&H seems fairly narrow.  Was your problem at the 5/8 joint/shoe adapter or was it the arm from the T-bar that was in the way?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:49:17 PM by greatape »
My Videos:

Audio:

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 10:01:21 AM »
What part got in the way for you?
The Sound Pro T-mount has flexible arms that seem like would be easy enough to move out of the way.  And the "Mighty Wondercam" shoe to 5/8 adapter at B&H seems fairly narrow.  Was your problem at the 5/8 joint/shoe adapter or was it the arm from the T-bar that was in the way?

The shoe mount actually wasn't the main problem when I was looking at this option.  I was going to run the mic line in, and that's what really got in the way.  I would have had to unplug the mic to change the camera. 

What did you decide to do?  I thought I saw you post in another thread about a mic stand.  That's the way to go.  I do a lot of video and just run another stand with my tripod.  It's a small starter rig, but it's 10X better than the camera audio.  I've also got another JB3, so I plug into the board at a lot of shows and do a post production matrix with the two sources and have gotten some great results.  PM me your address if you want a sample.
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 06:47:53 PM »
Since I am pressed for time with an upcoming show, and the fact that I'm still putting together my rig, I ordered some other stuff that would work for sure and I'll need anyway. I bought a Dynatran 806A stand for times I'm running audio only.  For times that space is too tight for two stands (like this upcoming Hank III show) I bought a Bogen Super Clamp w/ heavy duty flex arm that I'm just going to clamp onto my camera tripod (or the balcony rail).  I run Church Audio mics and preamp into an iRiver so the mic input on the GS300 won't be an issue.
I actually have  some of your recordings already.  Buckethead Ft. Collins (13 and 14th) and Mishawaka.  Although, the Mishawaka discs had corrupted files so I've never been able to watch all of it.  I'm anxiously awaiting the 5-cam mix of that wonderful show : )  It was those recording that made me see how good the GS300 was when I decided to buy one.
My Videos:

Audio:

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »
Since I am pressed for time with an upcoming show, and the fact that I'm still putting together my rig, I ordered some other stuff that would work for sure and I'll need anyway. I bought a Dynatran 806A stand for times I'm running audio only.  For times that space is too tight for two stands (like this upcoming Hank III show) I bought a Bogen Super Clamp w/ heavy duty flex arm that I'm just going to clamp onto my camera tripod (or the balcony rail).  I run Church Audio mics and preamp into an iRiver so the mic input on the GS300 won't be an issue.
I actually have  some of your recordings already.  Buckethead Ft. Collins (13 and 14th) and Mishawaka.  Although, the Mishawaka discs had corrupted files so I've never been able to watch all of it.  I'm anxiously awaiting the 5-cam mix of that wonderful show : )  It was those recording that made me see how good the GS300 was when I decided to buy one.

If you're already using a tripod, you should be able to use a stand with a smaller footprint without taking up any more room.  Let me know if you want a new copy of the Mish show.  I don't know if the 5 cam will ever circulate.
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
I'm fairly certain security is going to give me a really tough time setting up a stand in the place I have scouted.  My plan is to go in with the absolute minimum equipment I can and hopefully convince them to leave me alone.

I sent you a PM about Mishawaka. . .
Have you considered re-doing the Mishawaka DVD with matrix audio?  The soundboard sounds fantastic but you obviously appreciate the enhanced ambiance of a SBD/AUD matrix.  Too bad about the 5-cam.  You can see in your video that the guy up front had a really nice camera (maybe a GL2?).
My Videos:

Audio:

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

Offline fanofthemule

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »
I'm fairly certain security is going to give me a really tough time setting up a stand in the place I have scouted.  My plan is to go in with the absolute minimum equipment I can and hopefully convince them to leave me alone.

I sent you a PM about Mishawaka. . .
Have you considered re-doing the Mishawaka DVD with matrix audio?  The soundboard sounds fantastic but you obviously appreciate the enhanced ambiance of a SBD/AUD matrix.  Too bad about the 5-cam.  You can see in your video that the guy up front had a really nice camera (maybe a GL2?).

Are you doing hand held or tripod for the show?  Is it Hank III you're talking about?

I do have a great audience audio copy of that BH show, but I'm so far behind on authoring / editing stuff that if it ever gets done it will be a long time.  The guy up front did have a GL2, but he was filming with a separate house crew.  They were filming for a possible official release of the show.  So far I'm the only one that's provided this video in its entirety.  The five cam may happen, the guy doing it has all the sources, I just don't hear back from him often.  He still has my BH masters from this show.
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline greatape

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 10:47:29 PM »
Yes, Hank Williams III at the Vogue in Indianapolis.
The layout of the Vogue is not well suited for video.  The good spot I've picked out is very cramped.  The GS300 will be on a tripod, and I'm going to super clamp my mics onto that stand.  I'll basically be getting a stack recording.  I am counting on somebody else to get better audio from the sweet spot, but mine should be OK if that doesn't happen.
Mrs. Ape is going to tape with a second camera for me (either a Canon Elura 100 or Sony HC30).  I'm going to  try to speak with Hank before the show and see if he'll let her shoot up close, from in front of the barricade.  If not we'll probably just run both cameras from the balcony.
My Videos:

Audio:

Photo/Video:
Panasonic GH2
Canon HV30/HV20

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com