Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG CK-69-ULS recordings?  (Read 2778 times)

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
AKG CK-69-ULS recordings?
« on: February 16, 2006, 12:55:50 AM »
Hey all.... Now that I have joined team AKG and have addied the 61 caps to the 63s that came with my setup I stumbled on a realy good deal on the 69-ULS shotguns.  Basically a pair for $625 shipped.  They are used but have never been heavily used outside.  Just a few location shoots for a defunct british TV show I have never heard of.  I've been searching for shows recorded with the full or 'mini' shotgun setup to try to get an idea of what they sound like but can't find anything.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for some samples of the full shotgun outdoors or the minis?  Or just give me an opinion if you think it is even worth getting them if I already have the 61 & 63s.  I'd probably only use the 69s for 3-4 festivals this year but am trying to decide if it is worth the last of my tax return.

Stay kind,
Dana
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Re: AKG CK-69-ULS recordings?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:31:33 AM »
PM "MattinSTL" and "ts".  They both own ck69s and will be able to help you out.

Offline ford prefect

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 10:05:46 AM »
Basically a pair for $625 shipped.

Wow, that is a good deal.   :o  New?

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 10:13:55 AM »
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=22782

Phil Lesh and Friends
Beacon Theater
New York, New York
February 15, 2006
8:00 PM

Source: JW Mod AKG 469's>V3>722 @24/48
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline MattH

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 12:31:59 PM »
Hey all.... Now that I have joined team AKG and have addied the 61 caps to the 63s that came with my setup I stumbled on a realy good deal on the 69-ULS shotguns.  Basically a pair for $625 shipped.  They are used but have never been heavily used outside.  Just a few location shoots for a defunct british TV show I have never heard of.  I've been searching for shows recorded with the full or 'mini' shotgun setup to try to get an idea of what they sound like but can't find anything.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for some samples of the full shotgun outdoors or the minis?  Or just give me an opinion if you think it is even worth getting them if I already have the 61 & 63s.  I'd probably only use the 69s for 3-4 festivals this year but am trying to decide if it is worth the last of my tax return.

Stay kind,
Dana

You will find you want to use the CK69 short guns from just about everywhere. I have heard hundreds of outstanding recordings with the shorts.
mics: Soundfield ST450, JW mod Milab VIP-50's, Milab VM-44 Links (Matched Cards, Matched S-Cards), BR mod Nak 700's
pre's: Audio Developments AD 066(11), V2, Littlebox, Tinybox, Reutelhuber
recorders: Sonosax SX-R4, Tascam DR-680, Korg MR-1, Tascam DR-2, Mackie DL32R
playback: Teac UD-501 DAC > Meyer Sound

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 12:47:52 PM »

Stay kind,
Dana

You will find you want to use the CK69 short guns from just about everywhere. I have heard hundreds of outstanding recordings with the shorts.

i havent heard anywhere near hundreds, but i like what ive heard, full of bass which is rare w/ shotguns :)

id say use less directional caps at festioes, but tahts just me, those guns will come in handy in shitty/odd taping situations, just point at stacks and enjoy!

BTW, that is a great deal ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »
I'll have to check out that phil show..... Will download tomorrow.  These are not new, but were used as boom mics < 10 times for some british TV show that never made it.  Was telling a friend how happy I was with my new 480s.  Anyway, a friend told a friend and they heard about these and passed the info back to me just before they were about to go up on ebay.  I decided to pick them up figuring if I needed to I can sell.  So I have just filled out the template in yard sale with my info and am waiting for them to fill out the rest and send it back.  Hopefully they should be in the mail in the next few days.  Bye Bye tax return.

Stay Kind,
Dana
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com