Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Another Mic Buying Question  (Read 6072 times)

Offline rags22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Another Mic Buying Question
« on: October 21, 2003, 11:02:10 PM »
Ok, I'm still a newbie, but now I need to get a mic and battery box (for stealth recording).  

I will be recording rock concerts in mostly small/medium size venues (maybe some larger or outdoor concerts, but not often).  I will also be recording on a MD player.  I really can't spend more then $200 on the mic/battery box combined.  

Looking online, I found the following at Soundprofessionals

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=120&item=SP-CMC-2&type=store
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=310&item=SP-SPSB-6&type=store

I also noticed that Stealth Audio had some stuff that was quite a bit less expensive, but I'm worried that it might be TOO cheap.  Is the stuff from SP or SA good?  Any other suggestions?  Help please!  :bigsmile: :help:

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Another Mic Buying Question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 11:17:27 PM »
Those AT831's were my 1st set of mics & they made pretty good recordings the few times I used them. I didn't like stealthing very much. I'd suggest them especially for the price. Great bang for the buck & right in your price range. You can also buy different caps for them.

You need the battery box with the bass rollover option. I've never seen/used that small box but it looks good. I'd take advantage of the 24 inch cord as well. They didn't offer that when I bought mine.

Search this board & the archives. You'll find a plethora of info on these & other stealth mics.

Welcome to the boards, T+ & good luck picking something out. What are you recording on?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 11:22:00 PM by kindguy »
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline rags22

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 11:32:08 PM »

Search this board & the archives. You'll find a plethora of info on these & other stealth mics.

Welcome to the boards, T+ & good luck picking something out. What are you recording on?

Thanks.  Unless I can find a good Sharp (for cheap) on Ebay, I'll be recording on a Sony MZ-NF610.  Its not too expensive, and it'll serve its purpose.  And, I can use the radio when I work out!

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 02:07:40 AM »
you can usually find a nice pair of AT853/831 w/ battery box around here going for under $200.  In fact, I know a guy selling a pair.  I'm gonna see if they are still available, good luck!

Offline InfiniteOhms

• Taperssection Member
    • LMA Uploads
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 08:34:14 PM »
I'v heard BAD things about "stealth audio" ... they charged a few people and never shipped ... other people's stuff did'nt work at all whne they did get it ect ... I would'nt bother with them at all.
ADK A-51s LE's > Oade W-mod UA-5 > Zoom H4n Pro if I bother to drag out a full rig. More often just the H4N Pro. My LMA tapes

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 10:21:59 PM »
I'v heard BAD things about "stealth audio" ... they charged a few people and never shipped ... other people's stuff did'nt work at all whne they did get it ect ... I would'nt bother with them at all.

Haven't dealt with this CO. But The guy that bought my 853's ordered some mics from them & never got em. He's around here somewhere.
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2003, 09:36:40 AM »

Thanks.  Unless I can find a good Sharp (for cheap) on Ebay, I'll be recording on a Sony MZ-NF610.  Its not too expensive, and it'll serve its purpose.  And, I can use the radio when I work out!
id try and find a used jb3 before another MD ;)
481(3)>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com