Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Documenting Audio CD's to FLAC  (Read 2099 times)

Offline 3-Fan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Documenting Audio CD's to FLAC
« on: January 22, 2009, 12:34:42 PM »
In my ever increasing analness on organization of my live music collection, I am at a point where I need some input.  I have recieved several shows in the past that are Audio CD's.  For my own archiving and future trading purposes, I like to encode the WAV files to FLAC.  I am also making .txt files for them for achival purposes and for tagging them through FOOBAR.

Here has been my work flow:

1. rip the CD using EAC
2. saving the log file for an accurate rip and including it with the final FLAC file set
3. visually running a spectal analysis in EAC for mp3 sourced WAV files
4. in Trader's Little Helper run a WAV files to test for MPEG and then saving the log file of the verification and including it with the final FLAC file set
5. encode to FLAC and create a .ffp

Questions for you folks:
1. should I include the above process in my new .txt file?
2. if there exists a SHN or FLAC version of this show already (according to etree), but I haven't been able to track down a copy of it, should I include the lineage or information from the existing .txt file in my new .txt file?
3. is my process above the standard way of doing this type of work?

Im open to suggestions, tips and any secrets!

Thanks,
Greg
AT853 > Church 9100 3 wire w/ mini XLR and switchable 4.7K mod > Edirol R-09HR

dorrcoq

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Documenting Audio CD's to FLAC
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »
If it was me, and I was certain my copy came from the original lineage, I would probably do something like this:

Original lineage > CDR > EAC (secure mode, offsets corrected) > .WAV >  FLAC Frontend v#? (or TLH, or foobar, or whatever you use to encode) >FLAC level 8

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Documenting Audio CD's to FLAC
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »
In my ever increasing analness on organization of my live music collection, I am at a point where I need some input.  I have recieved several shows in the past that are Audio CD's.  For my own archiving and future trading purposes, I like to encode the WAV files to FLAC.  I am also making .txt files for them for achival purposes and for tagging them through FOOBAR.

Here has been my work flow:

1. rip the CD using EAC
2. saving the log file for an accurate rip and including it with the final FLAC file set
3. visually running a spectal analysis in EAC for mp3 sourced WAV files
4. in Trader's Little Helper run a WAV files to test for MPEG and then saving the log file of the verification and including it with the final FLAC file set
5. encode to FLAC and create a .ffp

Questions for you folks:
1. should I include the above process in my new .txt file?
2. if there exists a SHN or FLAC version of this show already (according to etree), but I haven't been able to track down a copy of it, should I include the lineage or information from the existing .txt file in my new .txt file?
3. is my process above the standard way of doing this type of work?

Im open to suggestions, tips and any secrets!

Thanks,
Greg

Questions:
1. I would include all that stuff.
2. If there is an existing SHN/FLAC, and you are positive of your source, I'd use the existing text as a template.  If you are unsure of your source, I would make a new text.
3. Yep, pretty standard.  It may actually be overkill it its only for your archives...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com