Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cables/Connections for M Audio Audiophile 192 Sound Card?  (Read 4161 times)

Offline whiskybob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Cables/Connections for M Audio Audiophile 192 Sound Card?
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:16:20 AM »
Just purchased a M Audio 192 pci sound card. The plan is to link up my Cambridge Audio Azur 640a V.2 and my p.c.
Problem is that the Amp doesn't have an optical S/PDIF in/out but RCA connections.
The sound card has S/PDIF in/out and Balanced in/out 1/4" TRS via break out cable.
Is it possible to connect the 1/42 TRS to the RCA? Or does anyone here have this sound card and maybe can offer some advice.

David.
Edirol R09HR   Sony M10 
CA14 Omni's  CA14 Cards  
CA11 Omni's CA 1's  CS Binaurials
CA9100 Pre-amp CA Batt Box

Cambridge Audio Azur640Amp  Cambridge Audio Azur 640 Cd Player
Cambridge Audio 640Pre amp  Marantz Turntable TT-44  Denon t1800 Tuner
Aiwa AD-S950 tape deck  Yamaha K-939 Tape Deck

Severely outdated trade list
http://db.etree.org/oddball

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Cables/Connections for M Audio Audiophile 192 Sound Card?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:40:24 AM »
Just purchased a M Audio 192 pci sound card. The plan is to link up my Cambridge Audio Azur 640a V.2 and my p.c.
Problem is that the Amp doesn't have an optical S/PDIF in/out but RCA connections.
The sound card has S/PDIF in/out and Balanced in/out 1/4" TRS via break out cable.
Is it possible to connect the 1/42 TRS to the RCA? Or does anyone here have this sound card and maybe can offer some advice.

David.

Yes short the ring of the 1/4 connector to ground and use the tip and sleeve only. You must unbalance the 1/4 connectors in order to use it with your amp by simply plugging in a MONO 1/4 jack you will accomplish this so all you need is Mono 1/4 to RCA cables you should be able to find them almost anywhere.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com