Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quickly "Editing" files on SD700s  (Read 2875 times)

Offline speedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Quickly "Editing" files on SD700s
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:58:40 AM »
Let's say I'm finished with my recording and on the train home. I want to listen to some of the takes I made on my 702 and mark them quickly as "good" or "no good". Maybe I want to quickly delete them like I can so easily on a digital point and shoot camera. Is there a way to do this?

I've read the manual and been through a number of the file operations but cannot find an easy way to simply listen to my recordings and mark them and/or delete them.

Unless I'm missing something, I cannot audition my takes from the take list. I have to always go back into playback mode, take a mental note of which file it is, then enter the take mode, then mark it. I cannot delete it from here - for that I have to go to the HDD menu and delete it. The whole process takes about 30 seconds which gets pretty annoying when you have 100 recordings of which only 15 of them are worth keeping.

Is there an easier workflow that I am missing?

Thanks,

Micah

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Quickly "Editing" files on SD700s
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »
Looks to me like you want to figure out how to use the 'take status' function.  In my 744 manual, it's on Page 49.  Basically, you can mark a take as good (circled) or no good.  According to the manual...

Takes recorded by the 744t can be marked as Circled or as No Good.  Take Status is used to mark the quality of the take so that post can quickly idenfiy which takes to use. 

EDIT:  After reading this over again, maybe this isn't what you want after all.  Looks like 'take status' can only be marked from the file management menu on the 7xx, not the playback menu.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:01:27 PM by tonedeaf »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com