Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rogue Audio customer service  (Read 2664 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Rogue Audio customer service
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:11:52 AM »
I purchased a pair of M120's about a month and a half ago knowing their history of needed maintenance. I bought them from a dealer who sells a lot and who gave me a reasonable purchasing price. When I received them one kt88 was not functioning. I did not hold the seller liable, feeling that this could have happened during shipping and considering the care he had taken in packing the amps demonstrated due diligence.

After replacing the tube I sat back and enjoy my purchase for a few weeks, during which time I contacted Rogue and inquired about maintenance expectations. They informed me that most of the infield failure were due to bias resistors and the rectifier bridge failing. So, on their recommendations, I bought drop in replacements. I also picked up new binding posts, as those plastic nut jobs really bother me.

Well, I wasn't happy with the low level ground noise I was getting, so back on the phone to Rogue I went. Again, they answered my questions promptly and said it was fine to lift the circuit ground as long as I grounded the chassis, which I did and the problem was solved.

Another few weeks past and I started to hear a buzz during solo trumpet and female vocals. I trouble shot the problem and decided that maybe the rectifier bridge or a biasing resistor might have been the issue. A pleasant call back to Rogue confirmed that would be a safe path to go, so I replaced those. Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. Well, I think you know where I'm heading. Back to the phone I went and again another pleasant call confirmed that I should send the unit in to them.

Rogue then informed me that they have a flat repair fee of $175.00, and would not only fix it but replace any questionable components and perform any needed updates. To me, this is a bargain, so last Tuesday I sent it out. Five days later they called and said the repair was done and they would send the amp back to me the next day. They informed me that a joint was broken, which require resoldering. They cleaned it up and did a few other minor things and praised the work I had done under their guidance, something I was afraid they might laugh at.

Long story short....this is exceptional customer service. I don't know many manufacturers that would assist a customer who bought their product second hand like this. And, when finally requiring the amp to be sent in, getting it done in less than a week is high praise worthy work. Wow!!!!

BTW, I don't hold the seller liable. Shipping a product like this cross country can certainly take out a tube and break a joint. And, again he took good care to ensure packaging was solid.

The amp should be back to me by Wednesday and in service. Maybe someday I can upgrade them to the m180's. Rogue has certainly earned my praise and future business, as well as, pleased my ear!

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: Rogue Audio customer service
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 11:52:44 AM »
This is good to know... Makes me really want to buy a tube integrated amp from them down the road.  I have been eyeing a Cronus Magum.

OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »
I've read good things about the Cronus. That would be a wise investment.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:48:44 PM »
The amp was on my doorstop this morning. I quickly set it up and spent 45 minutes listening to Fagen's "Night Fly" on vinyl and a multi-track I did of Cat Empire in 2007. Everything sounds wonderful! Great service from an excellent company.

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:30:40 PM »
Awesome...   I just discovered this company is about 40 minutes from my house.  I contacted them and asked if they sell direct.  They don't, I have to go through a dealer.  then I asked about a tour of the facility.  At first they didn't know what to say, but after I explained I am a audio nut and not some rival company spy they were like sure but could you give a us a couple of days.  Then they said you arrange the buy from one of our dealers and you can pick it up here and then do the tour....  I said sounds like a plan and I will be in touch..........  now I have a choice... do I need two kidneys or can I  make it on one.... a better question is does the wife need two kidneys? hhmmm... should I ask?

OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 09:08:05 PM »
That is why you have kids, to grow kidneys!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com