Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quick PMD 661 Q  (Read 1981 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
Quick PMD 661 Q
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:18:11 PM »
Do any of the mods Oades do to the 661 affect the line in?  SPDIF in?  Are the mods only for mic in with P48 on? 

I have one and would like to use it with the Nbob actives and Schoeps caps only, but it's the FET mod and I'm not sure if I can run it with loud music--how loud?  I could use the VMS02IB or another box I have coming and go line in--or the AD1000 SPDIF in if they are un affected by the FET mod. 

Thanks!
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
Re: Quick PMD 661 Q
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:32:15 PM »
Can't speak to anything but the warm mod, but he definitely rebuilds the mic and line inputs, not the 1/8 and not the spdif. Not sure if the mic input rebuilds are only when using p48....I'd think not.

Ask Doug, he's very accessible. In any event, you should be able to use the spdif. And I'd guess line in should be fine too. Mic in could be an issue, but I'd bet not if you set it to -18.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com