Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: [MIC COMPARISON] Beyer CK930 vs. Audix M1245hc vs. Nevaton MCE400  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
[MIC COMPARISON] Beyer CK930 vs. Audix M1245hc vs. Nevaton MCE400
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »
I rolled with 3 pair of mics on Sunday Dicks. Figured I'd do a little comparison for fun. Obviously these are completely different mics (both in cost and type). I see no need to play the guessing game, so I have labeled them.

Both the Audix mics and Beyers were on the same stand (OTS on right side of SBD) running into the same recorder (Tascam DR-70D). The Nevatons ran into my Tinybox > M10 and were split between the Audix/Beyer stand and another stand about 3 feet to the left.

No editing was done. Straight from the recorder. I think the levels on the Nevaton's are a little louder...so take that into consideration.

Songs are Scent of a Mule and Saw It Again. I figured those two songs have a different feel and larger dynamic range.

16bit FLAC(zipped) [220mb]:
https://mega.nz/#!qA9DFCjS!b31raX-StbWkprilCc7Tv7rYWyH6y1hvbp368bo7n2o

320k MP3(zipped) [97mb]:
https://mega.nz/#!jJl0SCgK!wNyXNMu4OH8obSrOvkP4rT04McM0R51kRw8e7QsFJ54

Personally I like the Nevaton's the best. They sound the most "full" to me. I liked the Audix the least. They are a little weak on the low end (but still a nice recording). Beyer's are in between but also a little thin sounding.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com