Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Finding DR-680mkII SDcards; Understanding part numbers; -J35 vs -G46 at end?  (Read 871 times)

Offline n3mmr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I'm looking to buy a small set of TASCAM approved and tested SD cards for my DR-680mkII.

Given my current focus, 32GB and 16GB seem the right sizes to keep.

TASCAM lists a rather small set of cards in this range; Panasonic RP-SDUC32GJK and SanDisk SDSDXPB-032G-J35, SDSDXPB-016G-J35 and SDSDXPA-032G-J35N, respectively.

All of these cards are ALMOST available ( :-) yeah ) in Sweden. Only thing wrong is the character combination after the last "-". What does J35 and J35N mean??? Here in Sweden, I can only find samples with "-G46" at the end. Is this significant, or is this just a packaging or market segment indicator or something??

Offline rumbleseat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Yes, this is a very delayed reply, but there may be others with the same question.

I think you're right that the trailing characters are packaging.

I've used SanDisk cards in the DR680MKII recorder with no problems.
I started with a 64 GB card that is no longer available in the US:

SanDisk 64GB ExtremePro Class 10 UHS-I U3 SDXC Memory Card
MFR: SDSDXP-064G-A46

Back in May, I bought a pair of these:

SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB UHS-I Class 10 U3 V30 SDXC Memory Card
MFR: SDSDXXG-128G-ANCIN

I generally do a full format of the card before starting a new recording session.  However, I recently taped for 4 days straight at a festival with two recorders.  The 128 GB cards were mostly filled by the end of the weekend.  I backed up the data onto a hard drive each morning for safe keeping, but didn't delete them from the card.  As I said, I had no problems.  Knock on wood!

AKG C480B CK61 cards >  Canare L-4E6S with Neutrik EMC > Tascam DR-680 MKII > memories

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
680 is not picky about SD cards.  I've had no problems with any of the numerous SDHD 32GB cards I've used in it.  Haven't tried using any larger SDXD cards myself.
volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values | numeric values > voltages > vibrations > virtual teleportation time-machine experience

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com