Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question Re: Klipsch Heresy's Modification  (Read 2211 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
Question Re: Klipsch Heresy's Modification
« on: June 03, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »
I have a pair of Klipsch Heresy's I haven't used in quite a while.  I remember I did like them a lot even though some feel the speakers lack lowed--low enough for me. 

Any suggestions on how to make the speakers better?  Any sort for modification?

Thanks.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
Re: Question Re: Klipsch Heresy's Modification
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 09:56:05 PM »
My first "modification" was to get my 35-year-old "daily driver" Heresy's back into tip-top shape.

My Christmas gift to myself last year was a fresh new pair of crossovers, and a new pair of main drivers for my Heresy's.....bought 'em from good ol' Bob Crites himself, the main retired Klipsch man.

Boy they sure sounded super now, but there still was something missing.

Later, I finally took ramonda's advice and added a 12" Klipsch sub that I found on the ebays.

I have come to the conclusion that I should have been running a sub all along.  There is sooooo much to be herd, that I wasn't hearing.

Borrow one sometime and use it for a week, and you will hear what I mean.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Question Re: Klipsch Heresy's Modification
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 11:38:59 PM »
Search my postings on the mods I did on a pair. It is a fun project and relatively cheap, too.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com