Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Does a HIGH Quality Plug and Plus Rig exist (New Taper)  (Read 6305 times)

Offline fuzzytreebeard

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Does a HIGH Quality Plug and Plus Rig exist (New Taper)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »
Thank you so much for all the responses. Taper Chris has been def helping me along as well as some people in this community. It has been very inviting. So far I have purchased an nBox, A Pair of Mk41, Tascam Dr-44. Working on Mounts and Kcy Cable as we speak. Currently insearch of a pair of MK4. Someone mentioned they have used the Tascam DR-44, is there a site with tutorials on how to get it working. I am about to drive over to the parents and pick up the Tascam now.

Offline kingdong

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:41 PM »
^
Why not simply record 6 to 12 dB lower to start with, then simply up the level of the entire file by 20dB or whatever is appropriate? 

Sadly, It's probably more OCD than anything else.  I rarely need to use the quieter track, but it helps me to be able to spend more enjoying the band and less time worrying about the recorder  8)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 08:42:30 PM »
..helps me to be able to spend more enjoying the band and less time worrying about the recorder  8)

That's what counts! 

Many roads to Rome- some freeway direct, smooth and freshly paved, others scenic over bumpy cobblestones.. just avoid the rocky route jammed by train-wrecks and spunion spills.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 10:57:34 AM »
Nice starter rig  ;D.   Once you get the hang of it you will be making some sweet recordings. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com