Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ad1000 questions  (Read 7175 times)

DaryanLenz

• Trade Count: (0)
ad1000 questions
« on: December 17, 2002, 03:12:24 PM »
Well, since I recieved the sonosax from jonny today, I think it is time to bust open the ad1000 and change some settings...at least that is what he told me!  I need to run it line in, so do I need to change anything?  I have run it line in before with no problems, but jonny told me I needed to change some dipswitches now that I have it.  What exactly do I need to change!

Thanks

Daryan

DaryanLenz

Re:ad1000 questions
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 03:15:19 PM »
One other question.  I was just looking at the back of the ad1k, and noticed it has bnc connectors on it.  Is it possible to put a bnc->rca adapter on the back, and get a coaxial signal out of it?  If so, it looks like there are two of them, so can I output two coaxial signals?  How about adding in the hd 15 pin deal->coax, could I possibly send three seperate coax feeds, all out of the ad1k at the same time? ???

Thanks

daryan

I will stop asking questions for a while now:-)

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
  • Needs to get out more...
  • There is nothing you can hold, for very long.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 03:34:30 PM »
Well, since I recieved the sonosax from jonny today, I think it is time to bust open the ad1000 and change some settings...at least that is what he told me!  I need to run it line in, so do I need to change anything?  I have run it line in before with no problems, but jonny told me I needed to change some dipswitches now that I have it.  What exactly do I need to change!

Thanks

Daryan

You can set a dipswitch to set the inputs to calibrated, which id a good idea if you are eunning the SAX as a pre. This will eliminate having two latches on the gain. Control gain at the pre, not the A/D.... Set the master gain control, the middle one, to +4, pro line level...

bRi

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 03:38:02 PM »
One other question.  I was just looking at the back of the ad1k, and noticed it has bnc connectors on it.  Is it possible to put a bnc->rca adapter on the back, and get a coaxial signal out of it?  If so, it looks like there are two of them, so can I output two coaxial signals?  How about adding in the hd 15 pin deal->coax, could I possibly send three seperate coax feeds, all out of the ad1k at the same time? ???

Thanks

daryan

I will stop asking questions for a while now:-)

Nah, that BNC is for using or providing external sync. It's a loop through (top in bottom out). If you are not using it either put a 75 oHm resistor on it it hit the dipswitch that does it for you. You could get 5 S/PDIF feeds out of it if you use 2 from the HD15, 2 Optical (there are 2, right?) and 1 AES->SPDIF! I just use the 1.... ;)

cheers,
bRi

DaryanLenz

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 03:41:46 PM »
Yeah, I have two coming out of the HD connector, and yes, there are two optical outs, but I have never used em...besides, I think the only people that ever have optical cables are MD's, and there is no way I am letting them come directly out of the ad1k....too close for comfort to me (ie.  too close to hit a switch, yank something, pull something, or in general, f%$k something up)!
Daryan

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 03:43:16 PM »
thats hilarious! ;)

Offline d swing

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2002, 03:47:53 PM »
doooooooood!! what's wrong with minidiskers??  jk, that's some funny shit...

DaryanLenz

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2002, 03:57:47 PM »
Hey, there's nothing wrong with them, they just need to buy longer cables...about 15 feet worth...hehe!

Daryan

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2002, 04:34:51 PM »
again....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com