Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fire TV can be used for logitech server playback  (Read 2442 times)

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Fire TV can be used for logitech server playback
« on: May 06, 2016, 11:13:34 AM »
I thought some of you might find this interesting. I was messing around with my Amazon Fire TV and came across an app (i think it was $3.99) that would make the fire tv in to a playback device for interfacing with a stereo etc. The app said you needed to have your remote etc but I thought it was interesting. Said it supported up 24/96 but mentioned some streaming limitations (types I think)

I havent tried it out yet but am thinking for $3.99 ill give it a shot.
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
Re: Fire TV can be used for logitech server playback
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 09:43:10 PM »
I thought some of you might find this interesting. I was messing around with my Amazon Fire TV and came across an app (i think it was $3.99) that would make the fire tv in to a playback device for interfacing with a stereo etc. The app said you needed to have your remote etc but I thought it was interesting. Said it supported up 24/96 but mentioned some streaming limitations (types I think)

I havent tried it out yet but am thinking for $3.99 ill give it a shot.

Roku and Kodi (formerly XBMC) can also be used for logitech server.playback.
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
Re: Fire TV can be used for logitech server playback
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:59:44 AM »
So I dropped the $3.99 for the app. I have to say best $4 i have spent in a long time. navigating on the menus using the squeeebox app on my iphone was WAY faster on the fire tv box vs. the squeezetouch.

Was very happy with the playback. I just grabbed this for my AV system. The Main playback still has the touch but its nice to have all the tunes in another location.
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com