Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: one battery  (Read 4449 times)

Offline mas22

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
one battery
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:36:33 AM »
I would like to know where I can get one battery that will run my UA-5 and jb3 at the same time. Thanks for the help

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: one battery
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »
they each require different voltages - you can use a voltage regulator box with a single battery and power both
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline avmonkey

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • You need "what" in your monitor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »

Offline oscoastierob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Go tape SLM
    • oscoastierob's facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:13:53 PM »
I would like to know where I can get one battery that will run my UA-5 and jb3 at the same time. Thanks for the help

I just built a 5v regulator box for my JB3, so that I can power it & my AD20 off of the same power runner battery. It was very simple to construct and everything you need to build it can be puchased at Radshack for about 15 bucks. I can post pictures and explain to you how to do it or I can build you one for say, $25 shipped. I would recommend a 23xx Power runner battery over the walmart batteries though if you're going to be powering both units off of it, it'll last a lot longer..
Peluso CEMC-6 /CK2, CK4, CK21, CK41-> Hydra Silver XLRs-> XTC silver interconnects-> UA-5 BM2p+ mod-> SPDIF-> R4

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:47:38 AM »
You will need to remove the internal batteries from the jb3 to prevent charging mode (which draws too much at peak).

For the bazillionth time.  You don't need to remove the internals from the Jb3.  I was the one who originally started the thread here a couple years ago about using the Sima and I have never had a single problem running one or both batteries while on external power.  I simply top off the batteries before I head out to to the shows.  I have however forgot and the Jb3 charged for a few minutes before the internals were full and it returned to just running from the external source.

If you feel lucky/crazy enough to run your Jb3 without an internal. You better hope you have enough juice as if it runs out of external battery your recording will be lost. 

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:25:20 AM by momule »
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »
You will need to remove the internal batteries from the jb3 to prevent charging mode (which draws too much at peak).

For the bazillionth time.  You don't need to remove the internals from the Jb3.  I was the one who originally started the thread here a couple years ago about using the Sima and I have never had a single problem running one or both batteries while on external power.  I simply top off the batteries before I head out to to the shows.  I have however forgot and the Jb3 charged for a few minutes before the internals were full and it returned to just running from the external source.

If you feel lucky/crazy enough to run your Jb3 without an internal. You better hope you have enough juice as if it runs out of external battery your recording will be lost. 

TRUE...

Offline oscoastierob

• Taperssection Member
  • Go tape SLM
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »
It only runs at 5v, it doesn't eat up batteries that quickly... I'm sure the sima works great, but for the money I'd build the regulator box (which you could make hot-swapable)
Peluso CEMC-6 /CK2, CK4, CK21, CK41-> Hydra Silver XLRs-> XTC silver interconnects-> UA-5 BM2p+ mod-> SPDIF-> R4

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 04:13:23 PM »
It cost me more to build a regulator box ($15) than the Sima ran me off ebay. 
I own about 5 different voltage regulators that will power the Jb3.  I like the sima because it can handle Ac/dc needs.  Im currently running the original Creative car adaptor that I found on ebay for $10

PSP car adapters are a good place to look aswell as they are 5v

AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »
Creative Zen AC and DC power adapters are compatible with the JB3.  A guy here at work has a Zen and I've used his cables to charge/run my JB3.

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline oscoastierob

• Taperssection Member
  • Go tape SLM
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 05:14:01 PM »
Actually if you wanted to make a votage regulator really cheap and you had a few old walwarts laying around with the right tips on them it's would only cost you about $3. All it would take would be a quick solder of a radshack 7805 5v regulator chip into the three wires with the tips and some electrical tape.. it wouldn't look pretty but it would work..

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 07:16:12 AM »
Good show!
diffusion of knowledge.

Offline oscoastierob

• Taperssection Member
  • Go tape SLM
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 12:54:07 AM »
Tomtom Go power adaptors are the same as the JB3 as well....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com