Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My cheap stealth rig and audio sample  (Read 2364 times)

Offline gravity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
My cheap stealth rig and audio sample
« on: May 09, 2006, 09:20:02 AM »
Here's the little preamp and cardiods I have been using with my ipod to record stealth. Only a few shows to test so far, but I'm getting it dailed in and learning to guage my preamp setting by the size of the room and volume. Hopefully some software upgrades will let me add gain adjustment on the ipod.

Also there is a link to a track from last night's Widespread Panic show. It was recorded as a 44.1khz wav, but I saved this track as a 128K MP3 to post it.
Now I just need a mild tazer to keep drunk dudes from asking me tons of questions while I'm trying to tape.

http://www.polygonster.com/test/casa.mpg

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: My cheap stealth rig and audio sample
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:25:45 AM »
Looks good I love the preamp :_) I wish I would have put numbers on the control knob so people could set it,  but I did not there is not alot of room on the front of my preamp. I hope its working for you the +10 setting will work for most things and sometimes you can use the +30 setting for quiet stuff, the 0db setting will work just like a battery box, but you do not have any line input control. I wish I had an Ipod so I could measure what it is set to, and so others would Know. Good luck with the recording let me know if you need anything from me. I will be more then glad to help out in any way I can. I think its cool that you can record with an ipod!

Chris Church

Here's the little preamp and cardiods I have been using with my ipod to record stealth. Only a few shows to test so far, but I'm getting it dailed in and learning to guage my preamp setting by the size of the room and volume. Hopefully some software upgrades will let me add gain adjustment on the ipod.

Also there is a link to a track from last night's Widespread Panic show. It was recorded as a 44.1khz wav, but I saved this track as a 128K MP3 to post it.
Now I just need a mild tazer to keep drunk dudes from asking me tons of questions while I'm trying to tape.

http://www.polygonster.com/test/casa.mpg
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline gravity

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:37:46 AM »
I could send you one of my ipods if you want to test one, as it would be invaluable to me. I have 2 set up identically for taping (basically, one for the first set - one for the second, because of the battery limitations)
I'm guessing the +10 setting is "Low" and the +30 is the "High", but what is the 0db setting?

Also, did you listen to the sample? This was actually recorder on "High", with the volume down at about 1/3.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 09:45:02 AM »
You might have an old preamp that does not have the 0 db setting humm if you have a new preamp the gain switch will be three way if its not send the unit back to me pay for return shipping and I will update it for $10 to the new three way gain switch and put the new lable on it I would like to get the ipod to check out if thats cool.

Chris Church

I could send you one of my ipods if you want to test one, as it would be invaluable to me. I have 2 set up identically for taping (basically, one for the first set - one for the second, because of the battery limitations)
I'm guessing the +10 setting is "Low" and the +30 is the "High", but what is the 0db setting?

Also, did you listen to the sample? This was actually recorder on "High", with the volume down at about 1/3.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Ryan Sims

• Taperssection All-Star
  • A vision of a gentle coast
    • Something
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:42:01 AM »
What are you using to go from the preamp's output to the iPod?
Ryan (minus sign) Sims dot com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryan-sims/

No single raindrop believes it's to blame for the flood.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com