Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealthing Questions  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Morphius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Stealthing Questions
« on: July 13, 2005, 02:27:20 PM »
I've audio taped a few shows, mostly from the soundboard, and I'd like to get into video taping.  I've read every stealthing thread I can find, but I still have a few nagging questions:

1. How do you keep your setup from actually being seen?  I've seen the chest harnesses and the monopods, but how do you actually keep this from being seen?

2. Where is the best place in the venue to tape? I would assume about halfway back.  It seems that if you are too close the extra security will be more likely to spot you.

3. What are all the scenarios if you are caught? I've heard over and over don't let them take your camera, but besides that what do they do? Take your tape? Ask you to leave? Ban for good?

Finally, does anyone have any non-standard ideas for concealing a camera?  I've been thinking of making a metal box that resembles a battery box and hiding the camera inside there, but of course I'd have to cut a hole in the front and then hang it from my rig...

Offline Chad817

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Stealthing Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 10:48:51 AM »
where you want to be is always venue dependent, but in general the balcony is the best place.  It's easier to keep a low profile there as well, if needed.
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com