Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-M10 audio recorder - NEW  (Read 174618 times)

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sony PCM-M10 audio recorder - NEW
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »
The Yamaha Pocketrak CX uses the micro SDHC card.

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail.html?CNTID=5024457&CTID=228500

When I used the CX, I was surprised by how sturdy the micro SDHC
card was.  It's small, but manageable.  Micro SDHC is more expensive
than standard size SDHC.  A 16GB micro SDHC card costs about $45.

Flintstone

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 10:23:28 PM »
how about a remote control accessory like they had with the M1?  >:D

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »
IMHO, the microSDHC cards are just the guts of a full blown SD card... just be a smidge more gentle, and you will be fine... and you can more easily hide an extra in your wallet (in case you need more space in tight quarters)

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 08:23:48 AM »
It's coming out in a burgandy color too:

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
Some info re: battery life from the senior product manager for Sony's pro audio group:

Though the final specification is not yet written, product manager Karl Kussmaul, demonstrating a working PCM-M10 on the NAMM Show floor, said that the product will offer battery life conservatively rated at 14 hours or more using AA alkaline batteries; NiMH rechargeables will also be accommodated.

Sounds pretty good, it should last longer with high-capacity NiMH rechargeables. 

Offline a-dub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 12:36:01 AM »
The burgandy definately looks appealing.
Shhh, silence is golden.

Offline manamana

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »
Wow, $300 retail is great news!  What's the deal with MicroSD though, have people had bad experiences with it (I can't think of any recorders that use microsd though)?

No other recorders use it. They are miniaturized SD cards that I've only seen used in cell phones.

I've used a sandisk 8GB micro SDHC card in a micro SDHC>SDHC adapter in my r-09 w/ no problems. also in my D60. it's the same as a SDHC card, just smaller.

4022s > SX-M2 > Sony M10

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 05:07:30 PM »
Anyone care to speculate on the internal speakers being rotate-able?  Seems possible at least. 

Offline tekdroid

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 08:48:56 PM »
Anyone care to speculate on the internal speakers being rotate-able?  Seems possible at least. 

The mics, you mean?
Yeah, the design gave me the impression that they might be, but I suspect it's just cosmetic, otherwise I think I would have seen them being moved in that Sony demo.

I think it's high time we got some slim Chinese clones of the Sony remote selling for USD $50, Sony's RM-PCM1, that will most likely work with this model. There are plenty of wired shutter releases and infrared remotes on eBay for all types of digital cameras for well under $10, I think there is an opportunity opening up for some third-party goodies for this class of recorders.

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 01:27:30 PM »
does this have a digi in??
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Whats next?
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 03:04:39 PM »
This is exactly what i have been wanting from sony, i will be on board from the start on this one, while the d50 is a very nice unit it was just a bit bulky for me , i predict this will be a big winner in the taper community, open and "not so open", finally it will probably put to rest the last of those holding onto those hi-md decks which are still great but lets face it solid state over discs with the same or better quality is a no brainer

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 03:09:17 PM »
This is exactly what i have been wanting from sony, i will be on board from the start on this one, while the d50 is a very nice unit it was just a bit bulky for me , i predict this will be a big winner in the taper community, open and "not so open", finally it will probably put to rest the last of those holding onto those hi-md decks which are still great but lets face it solid state over discs with the same or better quality is a no brainer
Yeah, I would like a smaller rig too.  I've got the D50, Edirol R09, and several MDs.  I find myself grabbing the MD or R09 when I go out for a walk or whatever.  I just want something to slip in the pocket and forget about.  Like a digital camera, it should be small enough to carry everywhere.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline tekdroid

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »
does this have a digi in??

It will not have optical input (or output), but for USD$300 it seems like a sensible omission.
D50 ($450 with fluffy thing) if you need those features.

Offline junkyardt

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 10:54:56 PM »
i want to know if they've made the level knob tighter/harder to rotate in the M10. my biggest complaint with the D50 is that the level knob is very loose and when stealthing with it and putting it in my jeans pocket, after i've set the level where i want it, the level can easily get changed by the knob moving when sliding it in and out of pocket. it shouldn't be that sensitive/loose imo.

Offline Falconidave

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "I went to too many concerts" said no one ever!
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2009, 01:05:08 AM »
i want to know if they've made the level knob tighter/harder to rotate in the M10. my biggest complaint with the D50 is that the level knob is very loose and when stealthing with it and putting it in my jeans pocket, after i've set the level where i want it, the level can easily get changed by the knob moving when sliding it in and out of pocket. it shouldn't be that sensitive/loose imo.

I'm with you 100% on that issue!  Have had to resort to small piece of electrical tape to keep it stable when stealthing...
Mics: Schoeps MK41; AT853(3-wire)(c,o); AT943(3-wire)(c,o); AT933(3-wire)(c,o); Shure 185(c); Sony ECM-166BMP (o); Sony ECM-166BC (c).
Interconnects: NBob Actives
Preamps: BabyNbox v2
Recorders: Sony PCM-A10(2); Sony PCM-M10; Edirol R-09HR; Sony MZ-RH1
Video: Panasonic HDC-TM700 HD; Panasonic Lumix GX85; Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS100; Canon PowerShot SX50 HD; Sony DSC-HX50V

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com