Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: getting SLA, have Todd R juicebox with pass through, need to power ua-5, jb3, D7  (Read 2289 times)

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The Dude abides...
Can anyone help with photo's or explicit directions on which cables I'll need to get at RatShack to hook all this up?  Also, can I power a D7 @ 5v?

Very embarrassed.  Any help much appreciated.  Here's specifically what I'll need to know:
1.  SLA > Juice Box cable
2.  Juice Box pass through > UA5 cable
3.  Juice Box 5v > JB3 cable
4.  Juice Box 5v > D7 cable

Again, this is really embarrassing.  I'm just really bad at this type of thing, and the pimple faced teens at Rat Shack are generally less than helpful.

Thanks,
Dean
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
will the D7 run on 5v??  I'm 99% sure that it needs 6 volts, so you might need to rethink that part of the equation...

edit to add:  yup, according to the D7 manual, you need 6v.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=37941.0
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 08:30:31 AM by JasonSobel »

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
however, since the d7 runs just fine on nimh aa batteries (4x 1.2volts = 4.8 volts), you might be OK running it on 5v external power.

Why are you going with a SLA vs a 9 volt lithium ion ("walmart") battery? 

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • The Dude abides...
+T to both you guys!  ^^

Reason I'm using SLA vs. 9v dvd batts (I have 2 of them) is two prong.  First, I'll be at 10KLF, so I'll need many hours of power.  Yes, I can recharge them, BUT... (prong 2) I got a FREE 12v SLA, so might as well use that and not have to spend a bunch of time/potentially miss a show or two while recharging.

I'm intrigued by the 4.8 v info, dnsacks.  I'll test that out this weekend and report back here.

By way of updating this thread:
1.  SLA > Juice Box cable   DONE
2.  Juice Box pass through > UA5 cable  DONE, though not sure this can be done from a voltage perspective.  I'm waiting on an answer for that.
3.  Juice Box 5v > JB3 cable
4.  Juice Box 5v > D7 cable - I think this will be the same as the JB3 cable, actually.  We'll see how it goes with testing the "workability" of a D7 on 5v.

Thanks all for your help!  Anyone with input on UA5 operability at 12 - 13v, or more input on D7 at 5v, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean

Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Dean:

FYI, I was able to get 6 hours per 9 volt dvd battery when powering both the jb3 and ua5 (with phantom to my studio projects lsd2).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com