Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Logitech Universal Remote  (Read 11412 times)

Offline pjdavep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Logitech Universal Remote
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 08:35:45 AM »

I have the 880 and love it!  It has a very nice feel in your hand and the Tivo type buttons are within thumbs reach.  I think they recommend that model for people with DVRs.  All the bottons light up, so you can easily see it in the dark.  The coolest part is that you can put your own picture on the LCD.  I have a big Raider shield on my background :)

If you have problems programming it yourself via the web interface, the Logitech help line is suppose to be great and they have access to (or maybe can give you access) to more advanced settings.  I have not called them, but it's on my list of things to do because my Tivo doesn't turn off and I never had an original remote.  If you have the original remote, the 880 can also learn commands if they aren't already in Logitech's huge database of existing devices/commands.

Later,
   pjdavep
Recording: DPA 4061s > DPA MMA-6000 > R-09

Playback office: Denon 2200 > Grace 901 > Sennheiser 650's (all Cardas cabling)
            home: Onkyo SP-800 > Denon 887 > Odyssey HT-3 SE > Von Schweikert VR-2  (Kimber Select IC's and Bifocal XL spkr cables)

Offline geordy

• Taperssection Regular
    • masters
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 03:07:42 PM »
I'm partial to the Universal Remote Control MX-850 since it's IR/RF and a lot of my installations have the gear seperate from the display.  The RF is key also, because so many users forget they need to keep the remote pointed at the reader until the macro is finished transmitting. 

I have the MX-700, which is just IR.  Got it for $125, couldn't pass it up.  Maybe someday I'll go the IR/RF route.  Very quick learning curve when trying to program these. 

If you're just looking for a cheap remote that can learn from other remotes and do a couple macros, you can't beat this sony remote at circuit city:  http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Universal-Learning-Remote-RMVL600/sem/rpsm/oid/148342/catOid/-12890/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
dpa4061 > mma6000 > Sony PCM-M10

Offline tenesejedd

• Taperssection Member
  • Never trust a woman who wears her pants too tight
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 03:16:03 PM »
Keep in mind that if you have a Bose system with RF control, the Logitech products will not work. Ran into this problem a few months ago and had to return it. The models that boast RF control include an RF reciever that then sends out IR commands to your system. The RF portion of the control doesn't have any "learn" functions so you can't program the remote that way either.

correct me if i'm wrong.
Avantone CK-1>Busman T-Mod FR2-LE
Edirol R-1

I see you scissoring me with your eyes...

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »
Not sure of my model number but I have the model with the LCD screen that is directly below the first color model.  Dell has great sales on these remotes (and the higher models) every few months.  Keep an eye on dealtime.com and they will let you know when there is a great sale on them.  If I remember correctly I got mine for about $60 shipped and it does everything I need.  Controls TV, Cable Box, DVD, Audio Receiver, DVR, xbox, and CD player.  Just had to hook it up to the PC to download the profile and everything worked almost perfectly.  I only had to change the function of a few buttons that changed the color modes and display resolutions of my TV.  Another thing that amazed me is that even with the black light the original batteries have lasted over 9 months now without being changed.

I also really love the activity based viewing modes so that when you select watch DVD it will turn the TV, Stereo, and DVD player on.  Then if you select listen to CD it will turn everything else off and just leave the receiver, dvd playe, and equalizerr on.   Some people reported that the remote does not keep track of the on/off states of your components.  However, in my case the only time I have seen this is when I turn the component off and on by hand and not use the remote.

It was well worth the $60 to get 8-9 remotes out of my living room (and not to hear the ridicule from the girlfriend while they were all there.)
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 08:13:59 AM »
I got an 880 for christmas, and I love it. It's by far the best universal remote I've ever used.

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 08:57:58 AM »
550 is ~75 at dell right now.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline tapeworm48

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm running a dojo of coolness...
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 01:00:07 PM »

has anyone been able to get the Logitech to control iTunes for you?  i've got the harmony 550, along with a wireless keyboard and mouse made by Logitech.  i'd love to use my remote to send a signal to the mouse cradle to open itunes and then be able to play/pause/skip w/ my remote.  thought i'd throw it out there....
A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... We F**ked Up."

Schoeps MK4s / AT831s / DPA4061s
Nbox / Tinybox v1.5 / SPSB-11 / CSbox
M10 / R09 / D100

07/19 Pearl Jam @ Wrigley Field
08/01 QOTSA @ Metro
08/02 Lollapalooza (NIN / QOTSA / Thievery / Band of Horses)
08/15 QOTSA @ Red Rocks
09/23 Arctic Monkeys @ Riviera Theater
10/18 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/19 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/21 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
10/22 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
11/15 NIN @ Hard Rock
11/16 NIN @ Hard Rock
12/06 Pearl Jam @ Key Arena

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 02:48:06 PM »
550 is ~75 at dell right now.

I picked one of these up (not wanting to spend double for an 880).  This thing is awesome!  So easy to configure. 
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »
just wish the damn thing worked with a Ps3..damn bluetooth
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

spreadheadtom

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 11:14:23 AM »
I picked up the 550 this past weekend.  I highly recommend this to everyone that has at least 3 remotes sitting on the table.

Offline pjdavep

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 08:38:21 AM »
Saw this on slickdeals.net:
Dell Home has the Logitech Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote for $108 w/ free shipping. Lowest on Pricegrabber is $159.

Great remote, great price.

Later,
  pjdavep
Recording: DPA 4061s > DPA MMA-6000 > R-09

Playback office: Denon 2200 > Grace 901 > Sennheiser 650's (all Cardas cabling)
            home: Onkyo SP-800 > Denon 887 > Odyssey HT-3 SE > Von Schweikert VR-2  (Kimber Select IC's and Bifocal XL spkr cables)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com