Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tascam dr40 transfer issues  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
tascam dr40 transfer issues
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:18:11 AM »
I have a question I hope someone can answer as Tascam was not helpful. When transferring a recording made on the tascam  from the hard drive back onto an SD card the dr 40 will not see the file on the card although my computer sees it just fine.  Tascam said something about a firewire connection being needed, I thought firewire was a video connector, not audio. Bob R
Melanie and Bob

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: tascam dr40 transfer issues
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 01:33:13 PM »
I have a question I hope someone can answer as Tascam was not helpful. When transferring a recording made on the tascam  from the hard drive back onto an SD card the dr 40 will not see the file on the card although my computer sees it just fine.  Tascam said something about a firewire connection being needed, I thought firewire was a video connector, not audio. Bob R

I would do the following. Format an SD card in the Dr40d, and then record a short file. Then place that file in your PC (or connect your DR40d to your PC) and move the file you want to transfer back in the same location as your recorded short file on the SD card. If you changed the name from the original, change it back using the same naming convention as the short file. The DR40d should see the file at that point.

The person at Tascam was wrong and perhaps didn't understand (although it'd be hard not to).
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: tascam dr40 transfer issues
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:20:38 PM »
I did as you recommended, still will not see file. I'll try to do it another way. Thanks anyway. Bob
Melanie and Bob

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com