Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to behave when taping?  (Read 4948 times)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
Re: How to behave when taping?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 11:10:08 PM »
FWIW, with cardioids you can yell pretty damn loud and as long as you are directly behind the mics they will pick up almost nothing. You do have to be RIGHT behind though, 180°. The more you get off this rear axis the more they will pick up.

Anyway, sounds like you just want to have a memory from the show and don't care that much about how HQ it is, just go have fun and do your thing, then afterward listen over headphones and decide whether you want to act the same way next time you go out and tape. I think everyone has different standards for how inanimate and quiet to be when stealth taping. I can tell you that if you are moving the mics around a lot it will sound swooshy and phasey, as corkscrew said. Also it will sound like crap if the mics are rubbing on your clothes and the like.

Happy taping,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline pepper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: How to behave when taping?
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 05:24:34 AM »
I personally thought this would have defeated the point of taping a show.A bit of audience noise can add atomosphere,but loud screaming/yelling/talking can ruin it and make it horrible to listen back to.As for quality,i remember using a real cheap sanyo dictation machine which gave results like crap.The recordings i made with it i treasure as i had no other means of taping gigs,so although far from hq they have sentimental value for me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com