Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new guy on the block....  (Read 5725 times)

Offline wheresjerry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
Re: new guy on the block....
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 07:28:44 PM »
Thanks for dropping a name....I'll look for him. 
Neumann. KM184>zoom f8,  pax 2 vaporizor, AlienEars, Neumann KM184,AKG 390 bodies w/ ck91and ck93 caps, Rode NT-4 ,  SP-CMC-25>battery box>Oade concert mod pmd 620......  and lot's a stuff....playback Yamaha rx-v 663,LG BD590, bose accumass 5 speakers, ears and AKG 701's....
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/wheresjerry

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 07:33:41 PM »
clamps, gaffers tape, flashlight, thick garbage bag(for rowdy crowds or outdoor festivals I always have LOTS of garbage bags), mini leatherman, nylon zipties(these come in MUCHO handy), usually have a backup for everything too(batteries/some cables/etc) but thats further down the road. for outdoor festies youre gonna need an umbrella as well
Dam you bring a lot of crap ;D

thats not near all of it either ;D all that plus 2 clamps/umbrella, and the v2/722 setup+722 batteries and 12 x 3000mah 7.2v NIMH batts for the v2/722 powering :) and some 4-pin>rc connectors as well! and sennheiser hd280 pro headphones :) and an rca>1/8" out of the v2 for patches! thats all!

Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 12:38:25 AM »
Thanks!  Here is a secondary question.....what other stuff do all of you think I should have on hand other than my equipment?  Gaffers tape, flashlight, etc???
make sure you have enough flash media!  I find that newegg is the best prices and service for that kind of thing  www.newegg.com .  If you are going to record at 24/96 you will get about 30min per gb, about 1 hr per gb for 24/48 (I think), and if you do 16/44.1 you can get about 1.5hrs per gb. 

I'm not sure how the pmd671 works exactly, but with the 660 it is set up as having 3 preset recording scenes.  Each preset you can set up for different recording options (bitrate, sample, input, etc) Be sure you verify your settings before recording.  I actually recorded with internals for a show one time on accident!!!   Luckily the 660 was just a backup that day. 

I would call Doug Oade and ask him about the pad... seems to me there was something about always running it or never running it... I can't remember that one for sure but it was a discussion in a pmd660 thread way back when. 

Definitely set up and run the unit out on the stereo to see how long batts go etc.  Get yourself set up with a nice bag that holds all your gear and allows you to access/see the unit while running.  Tons of good options at walmart and places like that.  I usually go for softsided coolers.  They offer pretty good protection, are cheap, and are pretty inconspicuous when sitting in your car.  Take your 671 into the store and try it out in the bags.  Backpacks, photo bags, and laptop bags are also popular choices.

Definitely say Hi to Josh... he is the shit and you can tell him that everyone at ts says so.  He needs to hear that from time to time and it is all true.  One of the most taperfriendly sound guys in the business, and he mixes a great show!  The whole band is actually very nice and down to earth.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline EYES

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:52 PM »
looks like lko iko time. enjoy yourself and the music you record. the nt4 9 volt battery option gives endless hours of recording.yet i always carry a spare, +T for you
                                                                 eyes
ADK sc-t, ca-11 cards, omni.                                                   
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 11:41:48 PM »
The HBRSB sound guy Josh is super cool and allows sound board patches. He also is very knowledgeable to the taping scene and nice guy to rap with so if ya want to matrix or run a straight SDB feel free to ask.

FYI... I got this email from Josh last week...  It sounds like their policy has changed... maybe that is just for Tuesday night's show, but I doubt it.  I had fully planned on doing an audience tape Sunday and Tuesday, wasn't even thinking about board patches really, and had asked to get on the guest list, which they have been known to do for tapers.  Maybe if you know the guy you can continue to get board patches, but I think those of us who don't have that history shouldn't raise our hopes too much.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Sorry for getting off topic.  Email snippet below...

Hi Joe, thanks for inquiring about taping the Hot Buttered Rum
show at the Stone Church. I just wanted to give you a heads up about
our new policy, I will not be giving out any board patches for this
show but would love to put you on the guest list if you want to come
tape the band with audience mics.  Please let me know if this is what
you were planning on and I'll make sure you're on the guest list.
Thanks again, and HBR always looks forward to the Stone Church shows.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline rowjimmytour

• My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 12:26:40 AM »
The HBRSB sound guy Josh is super cool and allows sound board patches. He also is very knowledgeable to the taping scene and nice guy to rap with so if ya want to matrix or run a straight SDB feel free to ask.

FYI... I got this email from Josh last week...  It sounds like their policy has changed... maybe that is just for Tuesday night's show, but I doubt it.  I had fully planned on doing an audience tape Sunday and Tuesday, wasn't even thinking about board patches really, and had asked to get on the guest list, which they have been known to do for tapers.  Maybe if you know the guy you can continue to get board patches, but I think those of us who don't have that history shouldn't raise our hopes too much.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Sorry for getting off topic.  Email snippet below...

Hi Joe, thanks for inquiring about taping the Hot Buttered Rum
show at the Stone Church. I just wanted to give you a heads up about
our new policy, I will not be giving out any board patches for this
show but would love to put you on the guest list if you want to come
tape the band with audience mics.  Please let me know if this is what
you were planning on and I'll make sure you're on the guest list.
Thanks again, and HBR always looks forward to the Stone Church shows.

He does state in this email that the policy is for this show so I still think ya can patch at other shows. I have gotten patches when they have streamed the show on the net. I think they might be releasing a live CD for this show or use some of hte tracks for a album.
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com