Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My first show recording....  (Read 3887 times)

Offline wheresjerry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
My first show recording....
« on: April 28, 2007, 09:40:01 AM »

Well, finished my first recording with my gear....let me know what you all think, comments welcome.

I used Rode NT-4>OadeBCM Marantz PMD 671>SonySoundForge>Flac Frontend

http://www.archive.org/details/wheresjerryHotButteredRumStringBand
Neumann. KM184>zoom f8,  pax 2 vaporizor, AlienEars, Neumann KM184,AKG 390 bodies w/ ck91and ck93 caps, Rode NT-4 ,  SP-CMC-25>battery box>Oade concert mod pmd 620......  and lot's a stuff....playback Yamaha rx-v 663,LG BD590, bose accumass 5 speakers, ears and AKG 701's....
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/wheresjerry

Offline wheresjerry

• Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
Re: My first show recording....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:09:48 AM »
It is so easy, even a DeadHead can do it!  Loved it, planning on a few fests , and Grace Potter, ABB, Steve Miller if they allow taping.

I have met a bunch of helpful folks here, and met a few guys at UNH....a lot to learn about!
Neumann. KM184>zoom f8,  pax 2 vaporizor, AlienEars, Neumann KM184,AKG 390 bodies w/ ck91and ck93 caps, Rode NT-4 ,  SP-CMC-25>battery box>Oade concert mod pmd 620......  and lot's a stuff....playback Yamaha rx-v 663,LG BD590, bose accumass 5 speakers, ears and AKG 701's....

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 10:16:56 AM »
Looks like he's hooked now!  ;o)   All you need to do now is refine your craft.  Taping is a lot like sailing: easy to do; hard to do really well.   8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline wheresjerry

• Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 12:46:40 PM »
Sounds nice.

Don't know if you realize it, but, you loaded it to Open Source Audio, and not to LMA.
I've tried that before, myself.

OK, how do I fix that?  I tried the FTP route, but ran into trouble....I used the ccPublisher program.

Any help would be great, I have done searches, and used the pdf file to no avail!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 12:52:02 PM by wheresjerry »

Offline jkbyram

• Taperssection Underachiever

Offline EYES

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 10:32:31 PM »
try turning the nt4 upside down with the button for 9volt facing down, gives killer sound as stated in there specs. enjoy the tapers express
ADK sc-t, ca-11 cards, omni.                                                   
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 10:51:40 PM »
try turning the nt4 upside down with the button for 9volt facing down, gives killer sound as stated in there specs. enjoy the tapers express

OK, I gotta ask... what's the difference?  Looks symmetrical to me...
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline EYES

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 03:44:08 PM »
the difference is the tone can be varied by rotating mics on its axis. as far as being symmetrical i really can't answer you. yet even something that is symmetrical rotated pointed at the source of sound will give you a varied sound, yes-no. the last show i taped the taper next to me suggested i make a list of each show the way i face the nt4 so i could compare a little better. will let the board now how the experment turns out.                                     
                                                    eyes
ADK sc-t, ca-11 cards, omni.                                                   
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline DaveG73

• Taperssection Member
  • Beer and Music.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 08:20:43 AM »
Just listening to this show now.

Sounds pretty great to my ears.

Was just wondering if someone can confirm the setlist for me. I have never listened to these guys before, but I have a real bluegrass kick going on right now.

Even after sorting the track order out, some songs don't seem to tally with the listing on the archive page.

Could just be me of course  :-[

TIA

Dave.
Always Taping Under The Influence.

I was under the assumption that as a taper, we're all geeks?  I just thought it went with the territory?

Offline wheresjerry

• Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 10:20:56 AM »
It could be due to where I cut the tracks???  Just my guess.....

Offline gratefulphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »

OK, how do I fix that?  I tried the FTP route, but ran into trouble....I used the ccPublisher program.

Any help would be great, I have done searches, and used the pdf file to no avail!

Try SmartFTP.  Once you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy.  I get everything ready to go, and then let it upload overnight, as it can take a while.

As for tracking, try to get a setlist, usually for bands like HBRSB someone posts them on the net shortly afterward.  That way, you can figure out some tracking for bands that you might not be that familiar with.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline wheresjerry

• Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »
The problem was in the numbering of the tracks......using zeros in front of 1, 2,3,4,5, etc should be 01, 02, 03, etc......

Beginers mistake!

Thanks for giving it a listen....

Offline Carrera2

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 11:53:35 PM »
Sounds nice.

Don't know if you realize it, but, you loaded it to Open Source Audio, and not to LMA.
I've tried that before, myself.

I did exactly the same thing...uploaded to Open Source Audio and not LMA a few days ago.  I clicked on the "report errors" link on the lower left of my page and let a sysop know.  They re-mapped it correctly.  I couldn't do it through the frontend.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com