Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-60D (part 2) & upgraded DR-60Dmkii  (Read 46123 times)

Offline yousef

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Tascam DR-60D (part 2) & upgraded DR-60Dmkii
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2015, 06:50:46 AM »
I find formating takes forever too although I have not had issues

Yeah, I'm not sure if if was just taking a long time or had truly locked up.

In the final analysis, it looks like the SD card had failed anyway but I'm going to make sure I know how long a format in the DR-60D is meant to take before I use it in anger again.

All could have been saved by a spare SD card in the bag  :facepalm:
music>other stuff>ears
my recordings: http://db.etree.org/yousef
http://www.manchestertaper.co.uk
twitter: @manchestertaper

tomuo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2015, 01:49:42 PM »
Minor bug fix update on the TASCAM website today.   

DR-60D: V1.21  http://tascam.com/product/dr-60d/downloads/
DR-60DmkII : V1.01 http://tascam.com/product/dr-60dmkii/downloads/

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Online dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2015, 05:15:52 PM »
Just a bit of an FYI/warning...

I was using my mk1 60D last week when it started throwing up "write timeout" error messages. I'd been being a bit lax and hadn't formatted the card for a while so assumed that it had got fragmented. (Sandisk 16GB class 10 - previously worked flawlessly in this machine and in HD video cameras, full to capacity)

Formatting the card locked the Tascam up so I had to disconnect the USB power supply and pull the batteries out to shut it down. It would then not recognize or format the SD card. I tried formatting the card in the promoter's laptop, which it completely crashed, repeatedly.

I eventually managed to format the card in one of my PCs (which took an awfully long time) but on testing it again in the Tascam the write timeouts started happening again after about two hours of 4-channel 48/24 recording.

So, that card is going in the bin and there will be no more travelling without a spare SD card for me...

A full format can take 30 to 45 minutes, more with a larger card of course, so it sounds like there is a good chance you stopped the deck while the card was still being formatted. That would probably ruin the card. I never do a full format unless I am home and the concert is the next day  8) A quick format takes a minute or so though.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline danny3

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2015, 06:56:33 AM »
I have been following the 60D threads and don't think anyone has mentioned (I could be wrong) power cable options. I have been using one of these cables, which exits the usb cable to the rear of the unit, and find it very handy for keeping my rig footprint smaller in my bag. Previously I just used a cable that came straight out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FCK3AA0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2016, 11:41:12 AM »
Hey all, couple of quick questions on the DR-60D. First, am I correct that the millisecond delay is fixed on channel 1? It shows "ref" and I can't change it. Makes sense, since one channel would need to be fixed so that the delay can be set on the other channels, but just wanting to make sure that's the way it's supposed to be.

2nd, I'm still on the 1.20 0037 firmware. Has anyone had any issues upgrading to 1.21?

I'm thinking about getting a bottle of red fingernail polish and painting the handles so I can claim I have the mkII upgrade lol  ;D

Thanks!
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2016, 11:56:00 AM »
Hey all, couple of quick questions on the DR-60D. First, am I correct that the millisecond delay is fixed on channel 1? It shows "ref" and I can't change it. Makes sense, since one channel would need to be fixed so that the delay can be set on the other channels, but just wanting to make sure that's the way it's supposed to be.

2nd, I'm still on the 1.20 0037 firmware. Has anyone had any issues upgrading to 1.21?

I'm thinking about getting a bottle of red fingernail polish and painting the handles so I can claim I have the mkII upgrade lol  ;D

Thanks!

Of course, if this is all 1.21 addresses, maybe I'll just leave well enough alone......

Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

Offline billydee

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2016, 09:53:15 AM »
I really love my DR-60D except for one thing. The line 3/4 mini input almost never seems to provide a really secure and tight fit, at least with the cables I'm using. On one or two occasions when only slightly moving the deck, it's caused a short and subsequent buzz on the recording.

I haven't read every post in this thread but can't seem to find anything on that specific problem. Any suggestions on what I can do to lessen that risk?

Offline Life In Rewind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2016, 10:00:14 AM »
I really love my DR-60D except for one thing. The line 3/4 mini input almost never seems to provide a really secure and tight fit, at least with the cables I'm using. On one or two occasions when only slightly moving the deck, it's caused a short and subsequent buzz on the recording.

I haven't read every post in this thread but can't seem to find anything on that specific problem. Any suggestions on what I can do to lessen that risk?

Are you using the XLRs?

If you've tried a few cables - it could be the input jack has been torqued on and is out of spec or loose on the circuit board somehow.

Offline billydee

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2016, 10:20:09 AM »

Are you using the XLRs?

If you've tried a few cables - it could be the input jack has been torqued on and is out of spec or loose on the circuit board somehow.
I use all of the inputs 99% of the time. so yes I always use the XLR/1/4 inputs. What I use depends on what outputs I can get from the soundboard at the time. For example my most recent problem was when I was using 1/4" inputs on channels 1 and 2 from the soundboard (no issues ever on those inputs) and running my TOA mics via XLRs>right angle stereo mini cable into channels 3/4.

I've used a total of three different stereo mini cables or cables that turn into that in the channel 3/4 input. None of them seem to provide a secure/tight fit.

I'd consider the DR-70 except that I need (or at least I want) to have the ability to monitor the board and aud feeds separately.

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »
The 1\8 input on my 60d is a good fit.  If you are using a quality connector like a neutrik, something isn't right for you to have a loose connection.  Is your 60d still under warranty?

Offline billydee

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »
The 1\8 input on my 60d is a good fit.  If you are using a quality connector like a neutrik, something isn't right for you to have a loose connection.  Is your 60d still under warranty?
Good question, I think the answer is no since I purchased it just over two years ago. I believe my XLR>right angle mini is neutrik but the other two mini connectors I've used are definitely not.
The problem I'm referring to has happened infrequently, but enough that I'd like to not have that worry at all.

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2016, 10:24:32 AM »
1 year warranty. 

Ideally, the problem would be the plug and not the 1\8 input.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2016, 11:40:57 PM »
Never had an issues with my 1/8
I am using cables made by darktrain
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2016, 01:50:12 AM »
Do you guys notice anymore noise with the 1/8" Input, compared to the XLR Inputs? I think Ive noticed that on my 70d, but haven't done any real testing!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com