Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: US Schoeps MICS  (Read 9458 times)

Offline studio_geek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
US Schoeps MICS
« on: September 09, 2002, 12:17:01 PM »
Hi, I have been told my several dealers that the new Schoeps mics made for the USA are sub standard. They say they are Octavia quality, the AKG and Studio One  mics are better sounding for less money. They say i9f you want the Schoeps sound, you must still buy overseas. Is this not true, if not why do the USA mics exists ?
thanks.

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
  • Needs to get out more...
  • There is nothing you can hold, for very long.
Re:US Schoeps MICS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 12:27:48 PM »
Not true to my knowledge as a schoeps reseller. I'll call and ask Scott Boland. I can't see why they would...

doc
« Last Edit: September 11, 2002, 10:42:54 AM by Brian »

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 12:31:57 PM »
The serial numbers do not denote any country code. It's not like they are different because of the voltage/frequency of their electrical systems. "I have been told my several dealers".... Who?

The margin on schoeps and fixed price may have gotten to your dealer...

I'll look in2 it.

ds

jpschust

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2002, 02:03:52 PM »
Even though I'm  Neumann fan and dislike the scheops personally, I highly doubt this is true.  It simply doesn't make sense.  I could understand this on lesser expensive microphones where production is significantly greater (IE Audio Technica's lower end, some AKG's)  but for a company whose production line is somewhat limited it seems more expense than its worth to run two productions.

Offline mde420

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2002, 07:19:59 PM »
Forget this knuckle head, he's been causing a stir at the Oade board as well.  

Mike
Faring thee well now.
Let your life proceed by its own design.
Nothing to tell now.
Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2002, 12:21:40 PM »
First thing, I have been a Schoeps owner since 1997.  I have run everything from the CMC5's to the Elvo tubes, from MK21's to Mk41's and both of the orginal Schoeps VMS boxes.  The quality is there and I see it and hear it everytime I go out and tape!  If you want some tapes shoot Brian or I and e-mail and I will be happy to oblige you.

Next, I am in Israel now and so since I am not too far from Germany I went ahead and gave Bernhard over at Schoeps a call.  He assures me what I have known all along..."Schoeps quality control is the best in the business!"  Everything coming out of this company is solid!  End of story.

I don't mind you criticizing Schoeps tapes that you hear and don't like, but I do mind when you make unsubstanciated accusations about a company.  That is called lible!

I'm out....
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline Bri

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2002, 09:04:57 AM »
A responce letter from Scott Boland regarding this post.

Brian,

In a message dated 9/10/2 12:25:43 PM, bsinger@xxxxxxx.com writes:

<< You guys have any input for this discussion? Just thought I'd ask! >>

I went to the newsgroup URL and read the messages pertaining to Schoeps and  the U.S. Microphone Sets.  I would wager that the dealer (or dealers) who made the claim about the "lower quality U.S. Sets" is not an authorized Schoeps U.S. Dealer.  To get real facts, you can find the complete list of Authorized U.S. Schoeps Dealers at www.reddingaudio.com, click on "Schoeps
Dealers".  You (or any enduser) are always welcome to call us for information (203) 270.1808, that's what we are here for.  

To be clear; there are not two different lines of Schoeps products.  The U.S. Sets were conceived as a way to offer customers our most popular mics and accessories at a cost savings through Authorized U.S. Schoeps Dealers.  U.S. Sets utilize the same CMC Series Amplifiers and Colette Series Capsules as always.  Below is a copy of the press release which went out when the U.S. Sets were introduced last April:

Redding Audio, Inc., in cooperation with Schalltechnik Schoeps GmbH, is pleased to introduce a new series of U.S. Edition Microphone Sets.  

Available only in the U.S. through authorized Schoeps dealers the sets comprise our most popular amplifier and capsule combinations with accessories in a custom wooden case and offer additional cost savings to Schoeps' customers.

The initial offering includes four single microphone sets.  These sets
include a CMC6 Amplifier with capsule, an SG20 Stand Clamp and B5 Foam Popscreen. Options include an A20/A20S Elastic Suspension and a B5D Hollow Foam Popscreen.  

Sets destined for the studio and high-end location music recording include the CMC64 with MK4 Cardioid Capsule, CMC65 with MK5 Omni/Cardioid Capsule and the CMC641 with MK41 Supercardioid Capsule.  The CMC641C adds a CUT 1 Filter to a CMC641 making it an excellent choice and complete package for booming overhead dialog in production sound applications.

U.S. Edition Stereo Sets offer six different configurations; for coincident, near coincident and A/B arrays the sets feature two sequential serial numbered CMC6 Amplifiers, a pair of capsules factory matched for frequency response and sensitivity, two A20 Suspensions and two B5 or optional B5D Popscreens.  Stereo Set capsule pairs include the MK2S Omni, MK21
Subcardioid, MK4 Cardioid, MK41 Supercardioid and MK5 Omni/Cardioid.

The Mid-Side Stereo Set offers two sequential serial numbered CMC6 Amplifiers,  an  MK4  Cardioid Capsule, an MK8 Bidirectional Capsule, an  AMS 22 Elastic Suspension and a WMS Foam Windscreen.

Whether it's music recording, broadcast, live sound, or dialog for film and video production Schoeps has got you covered with the most comprehensive line of microphones and microphone accessories available anywhere.  Hear the truth for yourself.  Audition a Schoeps U.S. Edition Microphone Set at your
authorized Schoeps dealer today.

If you need additional information, please call and speak with our Schoeps Product Manager, Scott Boland (203) xxx.xxxx.

Sincerely, Buzz Turner
President Redding Audio, Inc.

Redding Audio, Inc.  97 South Main Street  Unit 10  Newtown, CT 06470
Phone: (203) 270.1808  Fax: (203) 270. 2934  Web:  www.reddingaudio.com
Exclusive U.S. distributor of Rycote Windshields and Schoeps Microphones

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com