Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: EOS Digital Rebel  (Read 3106 times)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
EOS Digital Rebel
« on: March 20, 2005, 02:51:18 PM »
Just picked one up today since they have come down in price and Circuity City had no interest payments until August 2006. Can't wait to play...any tips on using this camera?
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
Re: EOS Digital Rebel
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 02:57:28 PM »
If you already know how to use it, google for the Wasia firmware hack. There's a yahoo group with some even newer experimental hacks out there too. Remember to check your ISO before you shoot ... too often I find that I leave it in a high ISO when I don't intend to.

If you don't own any lenses, the 50mm f/1.8 is a great place to start for not a lot of money.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 05:38:35 PM »
cool, I will check it out.

Just have the lense that came with it, but the whole reason I got it is because I wanted to play with an SLR camera and all the cool lenses you can get for them. Want to get a nice wide angle telephoto lense at some point soon
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 08:20:57 PM »
wow, this is a fun camera...took about 100 pics of my 2 month old daughter over the past 24 hours  ;D
In Tyler we Trust

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 09:01:22 PM »
Kids are great! My g/f leads a youth group once a month, so I tagged along with the camera. I was amazed at how quickly I filled a 512 MB card with these kids. I think my keeper ratio was pretty high too.
Out of the game … for now?

ditto

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 04:18:13 PM »
Join www.fredmiranda.com and soak it all in.  The Buy and Sell Forum is a great place to find that WA lens you want.  Be sure to read the review section on lenses, and of course look into the Canon Forum.  There are a lot of great forums to reads through--I just recently started to read the assignment forums.

Congrats on a fine camera.

Bill

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 05:05:05 PM »
I have a sigma 28-70 F2.8 EX lens for my Nikon and like it.  Eventually, I'd like to get a 80-200 F2.8 to complement it.. I'd recommend just about any of their EX version lenses.  If $$ is no object, I'm sure Canon has some Image Stabilizing Lens with a similar aperature of high quality. 

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 10:14:38 PM »
thanks for the input, its a fun camera...looking to get a nice zoom lense for the summer...canon had one telephoto lense for $12k...wow
In Tyler we Trust

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 12:31:35 PM »
Nice!  Glad to see your enjoying the camera.   I'll second checking out www.fredmiranda.com

I gotta get back out and start taking pics again now that the weather is getting better!  :)
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 08:02:35 PM »
picked up a 70mm-300mm zoom lense to day with a nice macro feature...can really zoom in there now....been playing and experimenting with all the manual settings...can do some really cool things with this camera
In Tyler we Trust

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.098 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com