Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tips for Outdoor festivals with rain?  (Read 2315 times)

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Tips for Outdoor festivals with rain?
« on: April 07, 2005, 07:22:35 PM »
i'm going to be filming at an outdoor festival tomorrow.  apparently it'll be raining.  The best i'm hoping for would be filming in the barricade area which may or may not have a covering, don't htink they'll give me stage access.  Any one have any tips on what too look out for?  Only thing i've thought about is to bring lense wipes in case i get too much rain on the lense.

Offline hyperplane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Tips for Outdoor festivals with rain?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 09:09:38 PM »
definitely take lens wipes, and even a chamois (absorbant towel) as well, to wipe off your hands if they get too wet.

ideally, you'd get a waterproof "bag"... they can cost quite a bit, and since the show is tomorrow, it's doubtful you could get such an item in time.

i'm not guaranteeing this to work, but it can't hurt (definitely better than risking ruining your camera - because if water gets into the circuitry, it could screw up the camera nicely)... take a 1-gallon ziplock bag, cut a small hole - just big enough for the lens head to fit through - and gently push the lens head through the hole. that way, only the lens is "exposed" to the elements. obviously, you'd want the open end of the ziplock bag facing downward (and this will make it easy for you to access the controls on the cam).

will you be using a tripod, or just handheld shooting?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com