Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: easy cable to run 2 batteries in parallel  (Read 2716 times)

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
easy cable to run 2 batteries in parallel
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:46:49 AM »
first off,  i really need to say to the peeps on this board if u dont know how to make a simple battery pack and add the proper tip " +" and "-" uall shouldnt try this,  but,  and i mean but,  u all should deff read up on it and learn.  ive read,  and seen people clueless about this and personally this its pathetic.  one its straight forward,  and second,  newbees and veterans alike go out there and buy hundreds and even thousands of dollars worth of gear and dont have a clue on how to power them!!!!!   to those peeps,  get a clue,  and go read a dam book on it please!!!!

enough ranting and back to the posting topic,  but it was something that deff had to be said because who the hell would buy a piece of high end gear and not have a clue on what battery,  cable or tip to be used???

battery pack making was deff one of the first things i read up on when starting this hobbie,  and with my recent purchase of an apogee mp my first thoughts went to powering the unit.   as so folks know,  i make nbox battery packs,  so with already having a batt pack that consists of four 9.6 2200mah RC batts in it,  running 2 of those 9.6 batts in parallel giving me 4400mahs would work nice,  but the the trick would be making a cable to tap the power outta my nbox batt pack that uses standard RCA jacks as power jacks.  (  see pic below )
now for the easy paralle cable i was talking about.  i dug out an old duel rca too 1/8" mini cable and cut off the 1/8" mini plug end..  i stripped the sheathing off and twisted together the common ground,  then twisted together the two " power leads".  see pic below.  i then plugged the two rca plugs from the cable into the battery box and took my multimeter (  if u dont have a multimeter,  for god sakes go buy one!!!! )   to check the voltage where the tip will be added to this new/used power cable.  this has to be done because if things r wired in series,  bad things can happen to your gear!!!   but the way duel rca too 1/8th" mini cable r wired, its perfect to run two batteries in parallel.  give it a shoot,  or atleast learn about DC power.  any questions,  just PM me,                       ed

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:15:36 PM by ero3030 »
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: easy cable to run 2 batteries in parallel
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »
what pics?

I even viewed the page source and didn't see any links to pics

Offline ero3030

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »
pic is up.  had to resize the dam thing.  any questions,  just ask.   ed

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 09:01:22 PM »
Seems it would be advisable to use something other than an audio connector for powering audio gear but otherwise a good diy solution.
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline ero3030

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 01:50:56 PM »
rca jacks r very robust, easy to find, and if u plan to use your battery pack with other gear rca's make it easy to make all your power cables universal,  BUT i do recommend using heat shrink to cover any metal on the female rca jack.  (  see pic using a batt pack with rca's as connectors )  as u see for this set up i used right angle PLASTIC rca's reinforced with heat shrink as to protect a battery or nbox melt down.  after just making a new power cable to power an mini mp,  it really showed me how nice the rca connects r  compared to a standard   " M " tip plug.    its all pretty much up to the builder.    i dont make many batt packs,  but feel free to pass on any info my way on what other folks use.   mini multi pin xlrs would prob work nice,  but deff  alittle pricier .     get out there and build something.  DIY makes u feel great,  and EVERY ONE  can do it.  just take your time,  and check,  then double check your work.                   ed

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com