Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Vimeo (what's the deal?)  (Read 8069 times)

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Vimeo (what's the deal?)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 08:17:27 PM »
So you're talking about the box that says ad by google?  Ya none of mine have that.  But then I don't have 100's of thousands of views on anything.  That might be why?

Well the content of the ad can change but according to Shadow_7, it will kick in after so many views. Sometimes it seems lower than others because not all the videos I watch have over a million views.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 10:30:32 PM »
I use Vimeo for videos of my grandkids.  I realize it's public (unless you make it private - but that makes it much more difficult to share).  Just seems like not as many people are on Vimeo and it's not like Youtube where people just troll around for random videos to watch - so it seems more private.

Although Youtube recently came out with "unlisted" video status.  If your video is "unlisted," technically it's not private - but others won't see it in your video list, and the only way someone can watch the video is if they know the URL (which only you know).  Obviously, if you give the URL to someone and they make it public, then others can find the video.  For something like sharing family videos where you don't want anyone but family to see them - but you also don't want to go through the hassle of listing them as "private," the "unlisted" video status is a great option.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline krsb

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »
One nice thing you can do on Vimeo (at least with an upgraded account) is swap the video file without changing the url. It's quite handy if you are in a rush to post something, and then make some minor tweaks later.

As mentioned previously, the password protected features are great, but youtube is catching up with the private and unlisted.

I use both for work...hate youtube, but the audience is there....love vimeo (as mentioned previously: compression is better, no ads, less crap, dynamic community, decent (but not great) support)

cb
Busman BCS1, Busman BSCS-L, DPA 4023, Neumann KM 184, KM 183
Lunatec V3, Naiant Midbox
Oade ACM Marantz PMD 661, Sony D50, Tascam DR680
+ lotsa darktrain cables :-)

Offline ben_r_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
Youtube has become nothing more than a self-proclaimed, self-promoting video site with all kinds of crappy videos. People post crappy reviews of anything thinking a company should atomically give them something for free. If you upload something to vimeo, it isn't instant (at least hasn't been for me in the past) but if you're a paying client, I think you skip the queue and its up a lot sooner.

Pretty much my feelings on YouTube as well. Its just become junk now. Vimeo is so much better quality, easier on the processor, cleaner interface and NO ADs!

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »
Vimeo is weak ass.  Tried to upload an mp4.  400 mb.  5 times.  error every time.  Says to check my internet connection.  Bizarre.

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »
Vimeo is weak ass.  Tried to upload an mp4.  400 mb.  5 times.  error every time.  Says to check my internet connection.  Bizarre.

I've uploaded dozens of videos at Vimeo - and never have had a problem.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »
I don't know what the deal is.  Google brings up nothing....

Definitely not a good first impression though of using a site...

I up to LMA and YT daily. Never one issue.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.095 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com