Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help! importing AVCHD videos into windows???  (Read 3714 times)

jnorman34

• Trade Count: (0)
Help! importing AVCHD videos into windows???
« on: January 30, 2010, 01:43:22 PM »
i just got a canon HF10 HD video camera, which shoots in the AVCHD format, creating video files with a .mts file extension.  i use 32 bit vista.  windows movie maker nor Ulead DVD factory can import the files - says i dont have a driver installed (canon says the hf10 does not need a driver), and it also says i dont have the right codec for the file type.

i DL'ed and installed canon RAW codec on advice, but that is just for still images.  i installed FFDShow to no avail, and installed codec package from MS - nothing works.

i also tried just converting the mts file to mp4 and then importing into movie maker - i got that to work, but the video quality is poor.

what do i need to do to solve this?  thanks.

Offline Visionair

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Help! importing AVCHD videos into windows???
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:34:07 AM »
I think you should take a look at the canon forum.
http://www.hv20.com/

Don't be misled by the name, though it's mostly dedicated to the hv series there is also lots of info on other canon camera's and their workflows. These guys know all about it.

Goodluck!

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:43:19 AM »
just google  'klite mega codec pack'

Offline baustin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 11:34:52 AM »
sony vegas and adobe premiere pro both natively support avchd/.mts files

Offline fguidry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Kaleponi - Slack Key in California
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »
Edius Neo Booster also handles MTS files very nicely. I'm dropping Panasonic MTS, Flip MOV, and Sanyo MP4 all on the same timeline using a Core 2 Duo laptop.

Fran

Offline kate59588

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 05:10:49 AM »
i just got a canon HF10 HD video camera, which shoots in the AVCHD format, creating video files with a .mts file extension.  i use 32 bit vista.  windows movie maker nor Ulead DVD factory can import the files - says i dont have a driver installed (canon says the hf10 does not need a driver), and it also says i dont have the right codec for the file type.

i DL'ed and installed canon RAW codec on advice, but that is just for still images.  i installed FFDShow to no avail, and installed codec package from MS - nothing works.

i also tried just converting the mts file to mp4 and then importing into movie maker - i got that to work, but the video quality is poor.

what do i need to do to solve this?  thanks.

I'm using Pavtube to convert the MTS video taken from Sony Handycam. Burn to standard DVD with Ulead DVD Movie Factory.
http://www.pavtube.com/guide/burn-sony-handcam-mts-to-standard-dvd-with-ulead-dvd-moviefactory.html

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 08:13:49 AM »
In sony vegas 9 pro you use the device explorer to import avchd directly from your camera and there is no 2gb  file size limitations,it stitches the files seamlessly with no glitches.

Also i strongly disadvise you or anyone from downloading online free video convertors and absolutely not to download codec packs.These almost always contain backdoor trojans,viruses.

Your audio video software comes with the codecs you'll need.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:23:13 AM by beatkilla »

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »
For those on a budget wanting simpler than some already suggested editor choices and full native AVCHD import ability suggest either Corel VideoStudio 3 (current or prevous version is good) or my favorite is faster Cypberlink's VideoDirector 8 (included in Cyberlink's super discounted $125 Media Suite great package deal).  I have Win Vista 32 bit, and use both these for Panasonic AVCHD file import/edit and SD-DVD, AVCHD-DVD disc burning. and direct YouTube upload ability.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com