Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sony PCM-D100 Part2

(1/57) > >>

schoepsnbox:
Old thread:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=164484.360

Just pulled my first recording with this unit..who's got one and what are your experiences?

Definitely dont like the fact that the power switch does not lock with the hold on WTF is up with that?  Also is the DSD only DSF files at 2.8Mhz?

Can someone lock the old mile long thread, please!

jb63:
DSD is definitely only DSDIFF files at 2.8. Same as the mr1.
But I swear by it. I've used an mr1 side by side with an mr1000 and 2.8 is huge enough.

Amir:

--- Quote from: schoepsnbox on July 31, 2014, 08:29:59 PM ---Just pulled my first recording with this unit..who's got one and what are your experiences?

Definitely dont like the fact that the power switch does not lock with the hold on WTF is up with that?  Also is the DSD only DSF files at 2.8Mhz?

--- End quote ---
In general, I very much like the PCM-D100's performance. However, as pointed out by some users, the limiter is a bit strange in that there are times when one can hear a loud sound and then a click as the limiter
returns the volume to normal. This is because it sometimes does the return all at once, and thus the click.
At any event, in combination with the USBPre2 the D100 absolutely shines. Even without the USBPre2 its preamps are quiet enough to take care of even the most demanding dynamic mics.

spyder9:
Bump!

ilduclo:
I've been doing more recordings with internal mics on my d5o........ sounds like the d100's are nearly as good at the d1's, without the extra size of the d1? anyone do any comparisons from d50, d1oo and d1?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version