Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DA 20 MKII>RCA out> R09 transfer question  (Read 2104 times)

Offline The Other Chris

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My list:
Tascam DA 20 MKII>RCA out> R09 transfer question
« on: November 22, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »
Less than ideal but just for my own personal back up, how seriously would this degrade "quality?   I don't have any other way for the foreseeable future, wouldn't this be an analog transfer?   Sorry, I'm a simpleton but figured I'd ask the pro's.  Thanks for any feedback.  Chris

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Tascam DA 20 MKII>RCA out> R09 transfer question
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »
From a "listening" sense, there is no significant difference.  It would be like if you had patched via analog at the show.  You wouldn't be unhappy with your results...

But from a "technical" stand-point, you're are adding an analog generation to your purely digital recording, and so its not the "best" way to transfer your DATs...  You may end up wanting to retransfer them purely digital at a later date...

With that in mind, I'm of the opinion that you should do it via digital the first time.  Try and borrow a flash based recorder that has a digital input.  I bet someone in Portland would be willing to loan you something... 

If you have any Phish or related DATs, I'll be happy to do them for you...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com