Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

How to connect DPA 4060s to Sound Professional battery module or preamp?

(1/9) > >>

RobS:
Just checking, is it possible to connect two DPA 4060s (microdot) to a Sound Professional battery module or preamp?

I contacted Sound Professionals, but they're not giving any suggestions.

Apart from a CA9200 with microdot connectors or something like a MixPre with adapter, are there any others options?

The battery module or preamp will connect to a PCM-M10.

Thanks.

audBall:
You can purchase one of these cables (I purchased a 2 footer):

http://www.cdint.com/catalog/category/Cables/10-32+female/to+10-32+female/RG174

And have it sent to TS member darktrain (contact prior), who will cut it in half to make a y-cable with an 1/8" connector attached, which will insert to a Sound Professionals battery box.

ilduclo:
sheesh! that's complicated! Why not just have the microdots cut off and terminate in a single 1/8" stereo mini?

audBall:
You could certainly do that. My suggestion allows for the original cables to remain intact.

Gutbucket:
Also, for those who prefer to make their own microdot>stereo-miniplug adapter rather than having someone like Darktrain make one for them, the CDINT female microdot terminated cable Horus posted a linked to above is far easier to solder than the super-fine center conductor in the DPA mic cable.  Cutting and re-terminating the DPA mic cables directly is a pretty finicky soldering job more commonly prone to premature failure, cutting and re-terminating the CDINT cable is not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version