Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Device protective film needed  (Read 4032 times)

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Device protective film needed
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:16:56 PM »
Have a sony M10 that is starting to get scratched if you hold it at a certain angle. Searched the web and can not find a film I could just cut and place over the screen.
Does anyone know where I could buy this? Seems like most are made for a specific device.

Any other recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-p
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Device protective film needed
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:23:01 PM »
One possibility is to get a smartphone screen protector and just cut it down to size.

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:39:08 PM »
This is what I've used for years on all of my phones and recorder screens.  You could either buy one of their "custom skins" or just get an extra for your phone and cut it to fit your M10 screen.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »
I've used a Zagg screen protector for various things over the years.  Always done me well!
I'm sure any screen protector is pretty good...  just cut to size.
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline nak700s

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »
One possibility is to get a smartphone screen protector and just cut it down to size.

^^^ YES ^^^

This is what I have done for the past 10 years and it works great.
Normal: Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD 744T (or) Sony PCM-M10
Normal: Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD 744T
Fun times: 3 Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD744T + 2 Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD744T
Stealth: CA-14c >> CA 9200 >> Edirol R-09HR
Ultra stealth: AudioReality >> AudioReality battery box >> Edirol R-09HR
Simple & Sweet!

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 09:33:32 PM »
I do this for all my gear with displays.

Ebay is fine, or even spamazon, look for older phone model covers like iPhone 3 4 or 5 - whoever has those things wants to get rid of them for next-to-nothing, I am sure. Free Shipping on a sub-99-cent item makes this a slam-dunk.

I don't have a best method for it, but I think I always cut it to shape with all the backing on, so it's not sticky, and get it as close as I can before peeling it. Remember, you can always trim more, but if you over-cut, you'll need to start over. One phone protector should cover a couple M10 screens though, so you can try again even if you don't buy a three-pack!

The covers come with a cleaning cloth, and instructions on how to apply, try to do it smoothly so you don't get bubbles in there.

Edit: I just remembered, I have two iPhone3 skins side-by-side covering my magic trackpad because it was making my fingertips cold on cold mornings!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:36:05 PM by morst »
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline tedyun

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 10:40:25 AM »
The best and cheapest screen protectors that I've found are Xtremeguard. If you create an account on their site, they will send you a coupon code periodically. They often have 90% off sales, usually around the holidays.

http://www.xtremeguard.com/

The base protector is very much like the original Zagg, ie., it is the self-healing type, and forms a skin like layer. The downside is that it has that orange-peel texture if you hold it at a certain angle. And the texture has a slight tacky resistance that bugs some people. I don't think the quality is up there with Zagg, but the price is right.

Mics: B&K 4011, Schoeps MK5 (Nbobs, Naiant PFA), Busman BSC-1 (K11/K21/K31/K41 caps), Church CA-14 (o, c), Church CAFS, Core Sound Binaurals
Pre: EAA PSP-2,  Lunatec V3, Nbox-Platinum, Church CA-9200
ADC: Mytek 192 ADC, Oade Mod SBM-1
Rec: Oade Supermod PMD-661, Tascam DR60D, M-Audio MicroTrack II, Korg MR-1 (32GB SSD mod); Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R09HR; iRiver HP-120
Photo: Canon 5D3, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8, Canon EF 35mm f1.4L Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L MkI, Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS MkI, Canon EF 50 mm f1.4, Canon EF 50 f1.2L, Canon EF 300 f/4L IS, Canon EF 100-400 f4-5.6L IS MkI
Video: Canon HF100

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com