https://www.sounddevices.com/products/recorders/mixpre-10m/feature-comparison

The MixPre-10M musician's feature set includes:

Overdubbing – including Punch In/Out
    Track Laying – up to 12 tracks
    Bouncing - to allow for more tracks
    Premium Quality Effects – Vintage Reverbs & Vocal Air
    Metronome
    Render (Export) – for sharing files

For existing MixPre-6 and MixPre-10T users: Sound Devices will soon be releasing a studio-grade Musician Plugin adding a new dimension of recording capabilities to the already versatile devices. For $99, the Musician Plugin will feature all the musician-inspired features, including overdub, track laying, reverb, metronome and more.

“Sound Devices has a rich heritage of employees who are also musicians – so the MixPre-10M is truly a product designed by musicians for musicians,” says Matt Anderson, CEO of Sound Devices, LLC. “It’s an incredible device that simplifies songwriting and production to allow musicians to focus solely on creating and recording music the way it was before computers took over. With built-in overdub, metronome, and effects like premium-quality reverb and vocal air, the travel-size MixPre-10M gives musicians the ability to record 12 tracks anywhere inspiration hits – from a tour bus, backstage, to a hotel room or live performance.”

The MixPre-10M retails for $1499 and will be available in late March...

rigpimp:
I guess I don't get it.  Is this basically the 10T with the timecode stripped out and some mixing features added back for a price that is cheaper than the 10T?  What does "audio projects only" mean?  There is no user guide posted yet.

gewwang:
https://www.gothamsound.com/product/mixpre-10m-recorder?utm_source=Gotham+Gazette&utm_campaign=25c56db96a-WaveTower+MixPre-10M&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8cbb4c598a-25c56db96a-204845090

The Sound Device MixPre-10M is a ten-input/twelve track recorder with excellent Kashmir preamps specially designed for musicians.

In addition to most of the same great features as the rest of the MixPre recorder line (excluding time code), it features the ability to simultaneously record, playback, mix, monitor, layer, and overdub up to 12 tracks with a bounce feature to free up additional tracks. Other features include vintage reverb and vocal air effects, metronome, punch in and out, and the ability to insert and locate to cue points.

The MixPre-10M retails for $1499 and will be available in late March.

A separately sold plug-in will be available in April to add the additional features to a MixPre-6 or 10T.

rigpimp:
The 10T has time code which I do not necessarily need and costs $1,800.

The 10M has mix, monitor, layer, and overdub up to 12 tracks, which I do not necessarily need and costs $1,400.

Why wouldn't I just sell my Mixpre-6 and get a 10M so I have 8 XLR/TRS inputs instead of 4?  It is only a $400 delta.

I have to see what they mean by "Audi Projects Only".

heathen:

--- Quote from: rigpimp on March 07, 2018, 01:01:05 PM ---I have to see what they mean by "Audi Projects Only".

--- End quote ---
My guess is that this is referring to the lack of timecode on the 10M.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version