Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Market for Schoeps VMS 02IB

(1/5) > >>

rigpimp:
I have been offered a Schoeps VMS 02IB as part of a package deal and wanted to know if there is a secondary market for this box still.  I don't want to sink money into a pricey MS rig if I cannot offload the parts that I do not want.

perks:
Just throwing out my guestimate from watching these in the YS. I'm thinking a VMS could sell to someone interested in running a genuine Schoeps pre for around $500-$600. But with all the options available today not everybody is looking for a stand alone pre anymore.

noahbickart:
Not much, a least for this Schoeps m/s taper.

The existence of the PFA and the ease of M/S conversion either live (on a modern all in one pre/ad) or in post means that there are smaller solutions to get m/s actives to a preamp.

Chris King was nice enough to lend me his for a while. It's cool looking, but my old littlebox does the same thing, fits my bag better, has longer battery life, and I don't think I hear any sonic improvement. 

I take all of this back. I was wrong. I ended up with a kcy only VMS, and think it's just wonderful.

yug du nord:
I never ran M/S with one, but I ran one for a couple of years with 41's and absolutely dug it.  Sounded great IMO. 
They seem to sit in the YS for a while these days it seems...  and sell for much less than they use to.
Anywhere from $400-$700 has been the "going rate" for the last few in the YS I think.  But they sit for a while.

If you have a KCY cable, and can get it for a fair price....  go for it!  You don't need to strictly run M/S with it.
M/S is more easily flexible in post anyways.

But yeah...  if it breaks, call Vark Audio and hopefully they can help. 

H₂O:
I am assuming this is for the rig in France that's been up for a while - The VMS looks older (flat black and not nextel grey) - regardless:

VMS 02ib ~ $500
KCY5i      ~$500
MK4         ~$400
MK8 (wide vents) ~$750
Rycote setup  ~$200

So at the current price of 1500 euros it's not to bad deal if your looking to pick up the mk8.

The VMS is also not very popular right now so it may take longer to sell even at $500

FWIW - I don't give tips on these foreign deals anymore as there hasn't been much interest and when there is it causes to much pressure on the sellers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version