Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Audioquest Nighthawks

(1/4) > >>

raymonda:
I tried a pair out this week and was really impressed with the low end that these cans provided. My understanding is that they use a Fostex driver. Might have to pick me up a pair. Any thoughts out there?

heathen:
I haven't tried them but I'm curious.  How was the balance between high and low end?  I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (heavy on the low end), and the Beyer DT880 600 ohm (heavy on the high end)...I'd love to find a nice balance between the two.

raymonda:
They have been described by others as dark but I'd call them rich. The high seemed to have truth to timbre. I picked up a pair and can report more later. I have a pair of the AT so I can give you a comparison.

raymonda:
I've been listening to them over the past 24 hours. For open cans they keep outside sounds down low. They are also easy to power. I'm liking what they bring and offer up a different perspective than my Hifiman. But if both are right, doesn't that mean that one is wrong? I'll report more later.

rigpimp:
Ray have you used any of the open Sennheisers?  Can you compare these to any of them?

I have the HD 700's and have been pretty happy with them.  I had 580's that I got stupid cheap but I broke the headband on them.  I chose to skip right past the 650/600 argument and went to the 700.

I'd love to hear the Nighthawks in a side by side comp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version