Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

How can I remove an atrocious "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

(1/3) > >>

down2earthlandscaper:
I'm working on this Mark Knopfler recording, I've gotten it to sound pretty nice, but there is a piercing and unacceptable WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! that lasts literally OVER FIVE FULL SECONDS right as Mark is getting into the lyrics on "Sultans of Swing"  This idiot was probably 6 feet to my left. UGH!
Usually if the random exclamations from the crowd aren't too bad or are fairly brief, I will just zoom in on the waveform so I can see where it begins and ends and I'll just decrease the level and its usually not too noticeable, but this was so prolonged that I can't use that method... It's truly horrible.
I'd almost rather completely cut the 5+ seconds out and deal with that skip in the song rather than listen to this dude.
But I imagine that there is some tool to deal with stuff like this? I sure it's been covered before, but if anyone can point me to the right topic thread or point me in the right direction (I'm using Adobe Audition) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

nulldogmas:
Is he significantly louder in one channel than the other?

Datfly:
The only thing I have found to really help on that is spectral repair in RX 6 Audio Editor.

Gordon:

--- Quote from: Datfly on June 07, 2018, 10:24:34 AM ---The only thing I have found to really help on that is spectral repair in RX 6 Audio Editor.

--- End quote ---

yep!  but be careful with it!

goodcooker:
Clearly you should have dealt with this earlier by beating him mercilessly with a can of soda in a pillowcase..

Agreed on copying over the opposite channel then reduce the volume to lower the impact. Also you can use the Spectral Analysis tool in many DAWs to identify the frequency range of the WHOOO and reduce only those frequencies to lessen the impact on that short section.

Don't overthink it too much. It's just 5 seconds out of a long show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version