Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz ocm 706 vs stock SD mixpre 6 or zoom f8  (Read 3302 times)

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
Marantz ocm 706 vs stock SD mixpre 6 or zoom f8
« on: June 28, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
Luckily just before Dale raised prices I bought a matched set of mbho wide cards (really like the additional bass and bottom end) for wanee and festivals with multiple stages. I was looking at 4 channel decks but 6 allows for sbd feed potential. Pre and build quality are important variables as well as being user friendly and battery options. Any other useful info is appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:06:55 AM by MBHOTAPER »

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Marantz 706 vs SD mixpre 6 vs zoom f8
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 05:38:07 PM »
Are you talking an Oade mod 706 or stock 706?  I've never used the 706, but just from looking at the specs and (loosely) following the thread about it on here, the stock version doesn't seem like a competitor to the MixPre-6 or F8.  Personally I'd take the MixPre-6 or the F8 over the 706.

As to deciding between a MixPre-6 and F8, if it were me I'd just look at what features I want most that are unique to each and decide based on that because they both seem to be great recorders (I only have personal experience with the F8).  For example, if I wanted something smaller and lighter, I think the MixPre-6 would be the obvious choice between the two.  The F8 does have some unique features that are missing from the MixPre-6, and vice versa.  Both seem to be pretty great so you're kind of spoiled for choice.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
Re: Marantz 706 vs SD mixpre 6 vs zoom f8
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 02:06:15 AM »
Are you talking an Oade mod 706 or stock 706?  I've never used the 706, but just from looking at the specs and (loosely) following the thread about it on here, the stock version doesn't seem like a competitor to the MixPre-6 or F8.  Personally I'd take the MixPre-6 or the F8 over the 706.

As to deciding between a MixPre-6 and F8, if it were me I'd just look at what features I want most that are unique to each and decide based on that because they both seem to be great recorders (I only have personal experience with the F8).  For example, if I wanted something smaller and lighter, I think the MixPre-6 would be the obvious choice between the two.  The F8 does have some unique features that are missing from the MixPre-6, and vice versa.  Both seem to be pretty great so you're kind of spoiled for choice.
I was thinking of the oade concert mod 706 vs stock SD mixpre 6 or f8 should have specified.

Offline IronFilm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Sound Recordist for Film/TV in New Zealand
    • IronFilm
Re: Marantz ocm 706 vs stock SD mixpre 6 or zoom f8
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 08:43:16 AM »
You left out the newest of the existing new kids on the block, the Zoom F8n! It is easily my personal top pick in the sub $1K category of recorders

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com