Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Edirol R-09HR Question

(1/3) > >>

nak700s:
Only when I try to do something that is the "smart" thing to do, do I have a problem!

This past Sunday I called an audible in the morning before heading to a festival.  Why?  Because the weather was a bit on the tenuous side, and I felt it would be in my best interest to leave the Sound Devices at home, and use an Edirol R-09HR instead.  Great machine that's never given me a problem before and has always made sweet recordings for me.  Since the screen tends to pixilate after a while, I have designated it to stealth recording only, but used it about a month or so ago with no issues, and had great results. Just to side track, for the interest of the story, I also knew if I didn't use my "better" equipment, we wouldn't get a drop of rain.  You're welcome to everyone who attended the Great South Bay Music Festival for a perfect weather day!  Anyway, I was all set to record at all three stages (2 board patches and one mic set-up), until I tried to power up the R-09HR.  WTF?!?  It wouldn't turn on.  No reason, it simply would not power up! I was plugged in to power and the AC power cord was lit as it should be.  OK, I tried fresh batteries.  Nope, nothing.  After trying everything I could think of, I gave up on it and realized I was only going to be able to record 2 out of 3 stages.  Alright, I just have to say this here and now, and this is nothing I haven't known for the past 30+ years...the taper's community is the best fucking community of people there is, and if everyone was half as helpful and cooperative, the world would be a much better place!  I just met a new friend, Chris, who was setting up near me at the main stage, and I was telling him my woes in hopes of him knowing something I may have missed, and he offered me his spare deck (Tascam DR-100) to use for the other stage.  Wow, talk about kind!  All ended well at the festival (I even had the chance to return the favor for someone who was patching out of him and couldn't get his deck to turn on, which after I played with his Sony M-10, determined it was a bad cable which I had and was able to lend to him), but my Edirol seems to be done.

Has anyone had a problem like this with this model that can offer me any information, suggestions or a solution?

nak700s:
I called Roland.  They don't work on the R-09HR anymore because they no longer have most of the parts to repair them.  I was directed to their authorized service repair centers, but the cost to look at it alone wouldn't make sense.

If anyone has experienced this issue, and has an idea of how to fix it, I'd appreciate any info...thanks.

spyder9:
Look on the back and see if the "Hold" button is engaged.  If so, turn it off.  If "Hold" is on, unit will not power up.  It happened to me with an R-09 ten years ago.   I RMA'd it to Roland and they quickly sent it back with a note......      :-[

nak700s:

--- Quote from: spyder9 on July 20, 2018, 11:27:05 AM ---Look on the back and see if the "Hold" button is engaged.  If so, turn it off.  If "Hold" is on, unit will not power up.  It happened to me with an R-09 ten years ago.   I RMA'd it to Roland and they quickly sent it back with a note......      :-[

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion.  That was the first thing I did, and it was the only thing that made any sense.  It is off, so unless it is somehow broken, it's another problem.

beatkilla:
Im sure you may have read this but maybe some more info here.

https://www.roland.com/us/support/knowledge_base/201977149/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version