Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Problem

(1/8) > >>

Jerseyguy57:
Last night I went to a jazz show, had 3rd row center seats. Used CA -11's into an Ugly Battery Box into a Tascam DR -05. Brand new batteries, everything plugged in tight and where it should be. I got no signal. What did I do wrong or miss? Thanks.

jagraham:
Sorry to hear of this issue, it's always frustrating when something like this happens. Did you test the gear before going out and get a signal? My only real guess here is something to do with the settings in the DR-05. It's been a while since I used one though so I'm really not sure what could have happened. You go no signal, as in complete silence on the entire recording?

mjwin:
Annoying when this happens at a live gig. I feel your :angry2:

Have you tried to replicate the problem at home & do you still get no signal?

So you're  down to a process of elimination.

Firstly, I'd remove the batt box & try the mics straight into the Tascam's mic input. First make sure Plug-in-power is switched on in the recording menu. (I think that's where the option is, but I don't have a DR05 to test) You won't get such a large dynamic range, but the mics should work fine for testing with speech.

Then, if there's still no joy, unplug your CA mics and try the Tascam with its own internal mics.

I think this Tascam auto-switches to internal mics when the external plug is removed, so there should be no settings to change & it should just work.

Surely you'll get something now...

Jerseyguy57:
Pain isn't the word. Just heartbreaking. Acoustic Alchemy is rarely taped and just a phenomenal live band. One of my favorites.  I'll check this out later and let you know.

KISSFAN:
the Ugly has an input jack and an output jack. is it possible that you plugged the connector wire that is supposed to go to the Tascam, into the input jack. And then plugged the mic wire that is supposed to go to the input of the Ugly, into the output jack?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version