Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: V2/V3 analog output levels  (Read 1673 times)

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
V2/V3 analog output levels
« on: June 05, 2004, 09:03:07 PM »
Last week I patched a V3 analog out into an Emagic A62 USB interface.  The levels off the V3 were too hot, so we just dialed it way back until it was driving the A62 properly.  The meters on the V3 were barely registering but it sounded great.  It just wasn't enough to drive the internal A>D (which we probably should have turned off anyways).  So the V3 has a very high level output (+27dBu or something!)  

My question is, other than digital out, what do people usually feed the V2/3 into - especially the V2, which has no digital out.  My A62 is supposed to handle consumer>pro, which is -10 to +4 dBu.  hmmm...  :hmmm:
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re:V2/V3 analog output levels
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 10:17:32 PM »
Before I bought my ADC-20, I ran analog out of the RCA's directly into my D8 without a problem. I tended to run my D8 as low as possible to get the most and cleanest gain from the V2, but didn't usually have the gain at much higher than 35 or 40...

--Dave
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com