Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Male XLR to Female XLR right-angle adapters available anywhere?  (Read 5538 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Anyone know if this item is available anywhere?

Looking to "turn the corner" into the XLR inputs on a recorder (a DR-680 in this case).  Ideally using a compact, metal housing which provides adjustable angular orientation at the male side, like a Neutrik Male RA XLR connector, so the female side can point in whatever direction is most appropriate. 

I currently use short interconnects to do this, about 6" or 8" long, which have an RA male XLR on one one end and an RA female XLR on the other.

This is easy to find in the form of an RA TRS male to TRS female adapters.  I have a pair of them plugged into the ch 5 & 6 TRS-only inputs of the 680, which points those input jacks towards the top of the machine instead of out the side, and everything works much better in the bag.  Looks like this:

I'm looking for the same thing except with XLR-3 connections instead of 1/4" TRS.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

Re: Male XLR to Female XLR right-angle adapters available anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 03:36:37 PM »
Thanks Jon.  I'll look into those options.  Primary use will be for the 4 PFAs you are currently reconfiguring for me.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:38:26 AM »
May take you up on that, I don't really care about the finish.  But looking into those parts, the resulting adapter + PFA may end up too long on the cable-in side of the the bend anyway.

I should probably stick with using the short patch cables which will end up more compact.  The two PFAs feeding the ch5&6 TRS inputs will need their patch cable connection anyway, so it will probably work best to handle the the XLR inputs the same way, the other end of the patch cables connecting to all six PFAs arranged to lay flat next to each other under the recorder.

Thanks for the help!

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 09:58:21 PM »
I can bang out a few of them if you'd like, for less than eBay guy is charging.  Say $19 each.  I only have the parts in chrome though.
new product?
I might be down for some of these too. Could poss work better then my current interconnect method
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com