Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: stealthing with a fanny pack/bum bag  (Read 12687 times)

Offline kylieshotpants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
stealthing with a fanny pack/bum bag
« on: June 16, 2018, 10:47:34 AM »
Hi

I think my normal stealthing tactics are getting found out, as I get searched more often and full pat down.

My main problem with extreme hiding (if you get the idea) is that you have to go to the toilet and unpack & set up

Can anyone give tips for using a fanny pack (us) /bum bag (uk) please - or any other stealth tips to get rolling quicker?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:42:50 PM by kylieshotpants »

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
Re: stealthing with a fanny pack/bum bag
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:31:28 PM »
Paging the Hoff in 3....2....1
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »
Hi

I think my normal stealthing tactics are getting found out, as I get searched more often and full pat down.

My main problem with extreme hiding (if you get the idea) is that you have to go to the toilet and unpack & set up

Can anyone give tips for using a fanny pack (us) /bum bag (uk) please - or any other stealth tips to get rolling quicker?

Some people don't like public discussions on this topic here because they think security reads this stuff (hence the Hoff). Personally I don't care, but I'll keep it basic out of respect to those people.

Put the gear in a place where they don't pat. Use your imagination on how to do that.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 10:39:59 AM »
We will begin the stealth lesson, beginning at my cheesy man nipples.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 12:46:34 PM »

I know it doesn't bother some people but there has been a shitload of "How do I a sneaky thing" questions around here lately and I don't like it at all.

Figure it out on your own. It's not that complicated.

Putting the details out there for everyone to see is counter intuitive to doing something clandestine in the first place....
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 10:39:44 PM »
I hate repeating myself.........here goes.

Don't send me a pm asking how i beat metal detection, before you ever tryed it once.

Find a mentor, someone you can travel to shows with and learn from. Pay for their tickets, or beer or food or gas.
You will learn more about how things are done, than you can reading all these pages. While there is a boatload of FREE
info on here by many experienced users, some things are best handed down like my grandmom's  paella recipe.

music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline TheMetalist

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sverige/Sweden/Suède
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 03:29:21 AM »
Don't send me a pm asking how i beat metal detection, before you ever tryed it once.

I feel this is on me. My appologies, Ed. I didn't have any intension to upset you. Btw, I have responded to your pm.

Find a mentor, someone you can travel to shows with and learn from. Pay for their tickets, or beer or food or gas.
You will learn more about how things are done, than you can reading all these pages.

It's unfortunately not that easy. It's easier to find an elephant climbing a tree than serious tapers here in Sweden. We are only a few and most of us live very far from each other. I understand things are a bit different in the US where taping seems to be quite a popular hobby. I wish things were the same here but unfortunately it's not.

Most people at taperssection.com are really helpful and I somewhat think that the idea with this forum is to share our experience with fellow tapers. For me, living in the twilight zone, you guys here are more important than you think.

Anyway, this thread is not about me. Just felt the need to repond to your post. Thanks.
"The music is your passport - Your magic key - To all the madness that awaits you." B.L. '86

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 09:24:37 AM »

I feel this is on me. My appologies, Ed. I didn't have any intension to upset you. Btw, I have responded to your pm.

You will learn more about how things are done, than you can reading all these pages.

It's unfortunately not that easy. It's easier to find an elephant climbing a tree than serious tapers here in Sweden. We are only a few and most of us live very far from each other. I understand things are a bit different in the US where taping seems to be quite a popular hobby. I wish things were the same here but unfortunately it's not.

Most people at taperssection.com are really helpful and I somewhat think that the idea with this forum is to share our experience with fellow tapers. For me, living in the twilight zone, you guys here are more important than you think.

Anyway, this thread is not about me. Just felt the need to repond to your post. Thanks.

In your case your comments and interaction over time made it clear to   >:D tapers you are for real.  That was the point being made.  The point is you did your homework first.   :cheers:

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 10:26:52 AM »

I wasn't talking about you, i DID answer your PM with a very honest and correct answer. I usually don't do that. Just get out there and try is all i am saying. Maybe in Sweden it will be hard
to find a proper mentor, i was thinking about the states here where tapers are easier to find.
music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline TheMetalist

• Taperssection Member
  • Sverige/Sweden/Suède
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 12:38:51 PM »
In your case your comments and interaction over time made it clear to   >:D tapers you are for real.  That was the point being made.  The point is you did your homework first.   :cheers:

Thank you, daspy!  Also thank you for your help. :cheers:

I wasn't talking about you, i DID answer your PM with a very honest and correct answer. I usually don't do that. Just get out there and try is all i am saying. Maybe in Sweden it will be hard
to find a proper mentor, i was thinking about the states here where tapers are easier to find.

That's great to hear, ed. I actually thought I did upset you. I'm happy that's not the case. Once again, thank you for your tips and tricks.  8) :cheers:
"The music is your passport - Your magic key - To all the madness that awaits you." B.L. '86

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »

Thank you, daspy!  Also thank you for your help. :cheers:

That's great to hear, ed. I actually thought I did upset you. I'm happy that's not the case. Once again, thank you for your tips and tricks.  8) :cheers:

Glad to help.  As I said, it is all about credibility and how one asks for help.  The most extreme tactics are best communicated privately among only those who actually need to use such tactics.  This isn't a game anymore despite what some seem to think it is.

Offline opsopcopolis

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 12:35:35 AM »
I dunno, I still think the attitude is a bit extreme. Who cares if somebody from security reads my tactics? Chances are if they really thought about it for about 90 seconds they could come up with all the things I've ever tried.

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 08:58:59 AM »
I dunno, I still think the attitude is a bit extreme. Who cares if somebody from security reads my tactics? Chances are if they really thought about it for about 90 seconds they could come up with all the things I've ever tried.

Within the last 6 months we've had a security person here, posing as a taper, asking for  >:D advice.

If anyone wants advice from me, I'd be happy to answer via pm.

Things posted on the internet are forever.
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »

Yeah, what are they gonna do, remove me from my wheelchair and tear it apart looking for microphones?

Oops...
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline opsopcopolis

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 07:40:34 AM »
 :yack:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.112 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com